Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thanks for your help in advance. I have a 2009 Accent and need to know the wire color of the radio harness to connect the remote from an amplifier. It is usually Blue but not in this case. Also I can't figure the right wires to connect the RCA adapter also. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.... Thanks Email [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up an amp and a couple 12s for my Accent. Im gonna install it all myself and wanted to know 1) how others have routed the power wire (batt to amp) 2) where others have attached the ground wire. Post pics if you have them. One thing I really would like to know is where you passed thru the firewall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up an amp and a couple 12s for my Accent. Im gonna install it all myself and wanted to know 1) how others have routed the power wire (batt to amp) 2) where others have attached the ground wire. Post pics if you have them. One thing I really would like to know is where you passed thru the firewall.
I just ran wires for my "el Cheapo" stereo build. I ran 4ga wire through the hole in the firewall (2001 Accent) that sits almost directly above the accelerator pedal but up behind the dash. There is a rubber grommet in there sealing it off around the cable that exits that port (speedo cable?). I just punched a new hole through the rubber. Ran the wire across to the left kick panel, then down behind that (right by the fuse block), under the sill kickplate and out through the carpet under the driver's seat (where the amp is mounted).

I attached the ground wire to one of the bolts that holds the seat rail to the floor.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys thanks for your help in advance. I have a 2009 Accent and need to know the wire color of the radio harness to connect the remote from an amplifier. It is usually Blue but not in this case. Also I can't figure the right wires to connect the RCA adapter also. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.... Thanks Email [email protected]
Do you have a factory amp or premium sound system? If not this will all be behind the radio.

Your remote can go to the Green wire (pin 6) in the gray 8 pin plug

Your line out converter will connect this way:
LOC White - Red - brown 8 pin plug, pin 4
LOC White/Black - Blue - brown 8 pin plug, pin 8
LOC Gray - Orange - brown 8 pin plug, pin 1
LOC Gray/Black - Green - brown 8 pin plug, pin 5

hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts