Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got this off cars.com: "The all-new 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe won’t go on sale for months, but that hasn’t stopped the company from releasing full specs and trim levels for the new two-door. What’s impressive is not just the two engine choices, but an array of trim levels that should suit most buyers. We’re not sure how it will stack up against the competition in terms of price, but in terms of specs it’s right on the pulse of a variety of sports cars, like the Ford Mustang, Honda Civic Si and Nissan 350Z (soon to be 370Z).

There are two engine choices: a 210-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that will get 30 mpg on the highway, and the same 310-hp, 3.8-liter V-6 found in the Genesis sedan. There was no mention of the coupe’s efficiency with that engine, but the sedan gets 27 mpg on the highway while weighing 300 pounds more but having 20 fewer horses. Torque is rated at 223 pounds-feet for the four cylinder. It’s not listed for the V-6. For comparison, the Civic Si features a slightly less powerful four-cylinder and gets 29 mpg on the highway, and the V-6 Ford Mustang has nearly identical power and gets 26 mpg.

We break down the seven trim levels below in extreme detail, with standard equipment listed according to Hyundai. We’ve considerably trimmed their marketing terms and deleted some features that aren’t of note. Pricing will be announced closer to the car’s on-sale date.

Trim Levels

* 2.0T
* 2.0T Premium
* 2.0T Track (six-speed manual transmission only)
* 2.0T R-Spec (late availability, six-speed manual only)
* 3.8 Grand Touring
* 3.8 Track

2.0T Standard Equipment

* Six-speed manual transmission
* Optional five-speed automatic transmission with steering-wheel-mounted paddle-shift controls
* 18-inch alloy wheels
* Electronic stability system with antilock brakes, electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist
* Strut brace
* Front, side and side curtain airbags
* Active front head restraints
* Driver’s lumbar support
* Trip computer
* Air conditioning
* Satin silver and chrome interior accents
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
* Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
* AM/FM/XM/CD audio system with six speakers
* USB/iPod/AUX jack connectivity
* Steering-wheel audio controls
* Cruise control
* Integrated Bluetooth, including steering-wheel controls

2.0T Premium adds or substitutes these to the Standard’s equipment:

* Power driver seat
* 360-watt AM/FM/XM/CD-changer Infinity premium audio system with 10 speakers, including subwoofer
* Smart Key with push-button start
* Electrochromic mirror with HomeLink and compass
* Sunroof
* Navigation system (mid-year availability)

2.0T Track features everything from the 2.0T Premium, adding/substituting:

* 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels
* Brembo braking system
* Track-tuned suspension
* Torsen-type limited-slip differential
* Black leather bolster seats with high-friction red cloth insert
* Aluminum pedals
* Rear spoiler
* Xenon HID headlamps
* Fog lamps
* Note: Automatic transmission not available with 2.0T Track.

Later in the model year, a tuner-focused performance model, called R-Spec, will go on sale. The Genesis coupe R-Spec is meant to be a decontented model ready to be upgraded. It does not feature the equipment above but includes:

* Electronic stability system with ABS, electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist
* 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels
* Brembo braking system
* Track model suspension tuning
* Front, side and side curtain airbags
* Active front head restraints
* Air conditioning
* Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
* Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
* AM/FM/XM/CD audio system with six speakers
* USB/iPod/AUX jack connectivity
* Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec.

3.8 equipment includes 2.0T Standard equipment, and adds or substitutes:

* 3.8-liter DOHC V-6 engine
* Optional six-speed automatic with steering-wheel-mounted paddle-shift controls
* Black leather seats
* Automatic temperature control
* Premium doorsill plates
* Chrome front fascia accents

3.8 Grand Touring adds or substitutes:

* Unique brown leather seat interior
* Power driver seat
* Heated driver and passenger seat
* 360-watt AM/FM/XM/CD-changer Infinity premium audio system with 10 speakers, including DVC subwoofer
* Smart Key with push-button start
* Xenon HID headlamps
* Electrochromic mirror with HomeLink and compass
* Heated mirrors with outside turn-signal indicators
* Backup warning system
* Sunroof

3.8 Track model deletes backup warning system and chrome front fascia accents from the Grand Touring model, and adds or substitutes:

* Black leather seats
* 19-inch alloy wheels
* Brembo braking system
* Track-tuned suspension
* Aluminum pedals
* Rear spoiler
* Blacked-out front lower fascia
* Xenon HID headlamps
* Fog lamps"

Thanks for the heads up Metalshark

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh red. you are going to have to hook us up with some aftermarket once it comes out here. I think it will be what...6-8 months since it was released in Korea by the time Febuary hits? By then they should have at least an ECU reflash for the 2.0T.

·
Registered
502 Posts
red works for hks?

im not too sure if the v6 will get 30 highway mpg, but one artical said the coupe get 30 mpg and then they compared it to a G37 witch gets less.
I was looking for the artical no luck yet.

ok my manager was talking about firing 3 people because of last months sales, low funding blah blah blah.
anyway my point is Im still working for the dealership.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow..well thats good MetalShark. Yeah if things go the way i hope they do. I should have the Tiburon fully fixed and cleaned up By mid December. Also too Im going to sell it and then use that money as a nice fat down payment on a new Genesis...

·
Registered
502 Posts
would be fun finaly hooking up someone i know, so sick of trying to explain the crooked H. they are going to be coming in like 2 every other week, and i expect them to draw big crows so try to talk to me before u make your mind on coming up here.

·
Registered
502 Posts
ok talked to an expert when i went to the auto show and apparently the highway mpg for the v6 is like 26mpg.
turns out that they haven't finalized a v6 version yet, but the 2.0 version is as ready as it will ever be and coming in February.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts