Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the first spy photos of what looks like the 2010 Hyundai Tiburon. Expected to use Hyundai's new rear wheel drive platform, this redesigned coupe will take many of its styling cues from the HCD8 concept shown several years ago.

Looking slightly bigger than the current Tiburon, this redesigned coupe will most likely move up a class when it goes on sale in 2009. Instead of playing in the mid-$20s segment, this Tiburon could easily move up to the high-$20s and even above $30K with the right engine.

So it looks good and has the power going to the rear wheels — the only question left is how much power? Well, from what we've uncovered so far, base models will get a 2.0-liter, turbocharged, four-cylinder engine standard. Expect to see as much as 250 horsepower; a number that would put it well above most of its foreign competitors.

If that's not enough, top-of-the-line Tiburons will get Hyundai's 3.8-liter V6. It makes 260 horses in the Veracruz SUV, but we expect Hyundai to crank it up to as much as 300 horses for this coupe. Coupled with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission, this Tiburon will have some pretty solid performance credentials. We expected the possibility of V8 power as well

"That said, from what we can tell by these shots, the next-gen Tiburon’s it may or may not retain that name

-Do you think Hyundai will use a V-8 in the new Tiburon?

-Would you consider buying this car, and if so, why?

-Will a rear-drive Hyundai have racing implications?

-Is there a market for a rear-drive V-8 powered Hyundai?

-Would you like the new Tiburon to retain the styling of the previous generations?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
that's the genesis coupe which is slated for 09 and is not intended for a replacement for the tiburon. also, the coupe is going to have a turbo I4 or a V6, no V8. the V8 is reserved for the Genesis sedan.

·
Registered
241 Posts
John Doe said:
These are the first spy photos of what looks like the 2010 Hyundai Tiburon. Expected to use Hyundai's new rear wheel drive platform, this redesigned coupe will take many of its styling cues from the HCD8 concept shown several years ago.

-Do you think Hyundai will use a V-8 in the new Tiburon?
I love when newbies think they have big news.

First, welcome to 8 months ago for the spy pics:
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/f...ss-releases/76721-here-hyundai-rwd-coupe.html

and 2 months ago for the actual pics:
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/f...eases/79547-hyundai-coupe-fully-unmasked.html
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/f...9534-hyundai-genesis-coupe-press-release.html

Second, there is no V8 for the coupe and it may or may not be called "Tiburon".

Please try to keep up and learn now to use the SEARCH button. Otherwise, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First thing you're just rude... And second, the only reason why I've posted this is: I still want to know what people have to say. You know I never offended any one so I don't know the point, you calling out names that's why I quit going to the NewTiburon.com cause people like you are rude and haters. I am sure your attitude its just the same in real life as it is over the Internet.
Allright back to the post any one wants to say something nice <3:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
John Doe said:
First thing you're just rude... And second, the only reason why I've posted this is: I still want to know what people have to say. You know I never offended any one so I don't know the point, you calling out names that's why I quit going to the NewTiburon.com cause people like you are rude and haters. I am sure your attitude its just the same in real life as it is over the Internet.
Allright back to the post any one wants to say something nice <3:)

Gotta love newbies. If you want to know what people have to say, take a look at the 3 threads I posted previously. I'm sure you find what you're looking for there. Have a great day!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The next hot swap for the genesis coup will be the v8 from the sedan.....

Why in the hell would you need the search button? He had to click on the genesis sub forurm and there was only 2 other posts and that was one of them.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Coal_forge said:
The next hot swap for the genesis coup will be the v8 SUPERCHARGED from the sedan.....

Why in the hell would you need the search button? He had to click on the genesis sub forurm and there was only 2 other posts and that was one of them.
Now thats more like it!!!

yeah.. well.. he was on newtib....

·
Registered
2,809 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
busy_squirrel said:
John doe, don't worry about Nova. He's just a cranky old man.:D

I mean, the guy hangs out on newtib, then comes over here trying to swing his dick around with less than twenty posts.

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/all-things-hyundai/76262-hyundai-finest-dead.html

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/off-topic/76196-speed-cameras.html

Ignore the trolls, and they will get bored and go back where they came from.:rolleyes:
LOL!! I guess somebody has issues and likes to hold onto 9 month old grudges. Let it go son, let it go.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I never said you didn't know what you were talking about. I never said you weren't right about using the search, only that you're a troll.

It really doesn't matter how much time has passed, if you are still simply a grumpy old man. It doesn't matter when you first were, or how long you've been one, you are now. Which is why I told him not to worry about you. I simply presented evidence to show John Doe that I wasn't just name calling. I gave him the information necessary to make up his own mind if he wanted to.

FTR: I support using the search button. However, this site has been shrinking in size, and we'd like to keep a few people. People often need to be corrected tactfully, if you want them to stay around. That's why I was trying to downplay your sarcasm.

If you want to be a jerk, of course, I can't stop you. But if you continue, well, that says something about your maturity doesn't it?

·
Registered
241 Posts
busy_squirrel said:
I never said you didn't know what you were talking about. I never said you weren't right about using the search, only that you're a troll.

It really doesn't matter how much time has passed, if you are still simply a grumpy old man. It doesn't matter when you first were, or how long you've been one, you are now. Which is why I told him not to worry about you. I simply presented evidence to show John Doe that I wasn't just name calling. I gave him the information necessary to make up his own mind if he wanted to.

FTR: I support using the search button. However, this site has been shrinking in size, and we'd like to keep a few people. People often need to be corrected tactfully, if you want them to stay around. That's why I was trying to downplay your sarcasm.

If you want to be a jerk, of course, I can't stop you. But if you continue, well, that says something about your maturity doesn't it?
So you agree with what I said but you posted for the sole purpose of calling me names. Well, that says something about YOUR maturity doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I'm not sure if you're choosing to selectively read, or just didn't see what I wrote.:confused:

busy_squirrel said:
However, this site has been shrinking in size, and we'd like to keep a few people. People often need to be corrected tactfully, if you want them to stay around. That's why
So in summary: I agree with what you said, but I posted because your delivery left something to be desired.

·
Registered
241 Posts
busy_squirrel said:
So in summary: I agree with what you said, but I posted because your delivery left something to be desired.
So you don't like how I post, is that it? Well grow some thicker skin.

BTW, I didn't know name calling was your idea of "correcting tactfully"?

busy_squirrel said:
John doe, don't worry about Nova. He's just a cranky old man.:D

I mean, the guy hangs out on newtib, then comes over here trying to swing his dick around with less than twenty posts.

Ignore the trolls, and they will get bored and go back where they came from.:rolleyes:
busy_squirrel said:

It really doesn't matter how much time has passed, if you are still simply a grumpy old man.

Thanks for your help, I'll try to be more "tactful" in my corrections by adding more insults and name calling.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
NovaResource said:
BTW, I didn't know name calling was your idea of "correcting tactfully"?
Ok, I'll explain this one time, then follow my own advice and ignore you. You'll be free to have the last post and feel as arrogant as you want. Then I can only hope you'll go away.;)

I have been telling you (untactfully) to correct HIM tactfully. Why? Because you've already made it obvious that the only thing you understand is aggression. You jumped on him for suggesting that people be nice. Just like everything else in life, appeasement don't convince bullies to be nice. It just doesn't. And that's why I didn't try to be nice to you.

We have yet to see you agree that your posts (to him) were harsher than necessary, or even mention it. Rather you've decided to continue your attacks, while redirected at me AND you've contributed nothing further to the thread. I guess JohnDoe has more evidence to see if you're a troll or not.

Now I'll leave you to get whatever final word you feel the need to.

So, in hopes of getting this topic restared:

I think that the Tib will not get a V8 unless it is moved into a different segment.

I probably would NOT buy it, as it doesn't fit any of the reasons I own a car.

I would hope it had racing implications, as that would increase R&D money for engines.:D

There might be a market for a V8, but it'll be small. Small enough to keep the prices from falling noticably.:(

I don't care what styling the tib has, as long as it's attractive. I mean, I personally am not in the market for a sport coupe, but if Hyundai puts out cars that don't excite people, they'll never get the cash to use on permormance models.

·
Registered
241 Posts
busy_squirrel said:
Ok, I'll explain this one time, then follow my own advice and ignore you. You'll be free to have the last post and feel as arrogant as you want. Then I can only hope you'll go away.;)

I have been telling you (untactfully) to correct HIM tactfully. Why? Because you've already made it obvious that the only thing you understand is aggression. You jumped on him for suggesting that people be nice. Just like everything else in life, appeasement don't convince bullies to be nice. It just doesn't. And that's why I didn't try to be nice to you.
So you are a hypocrite. You expect other to be tactful but you can be untactful and call names if you desire. OK, I can understand that.

busy_squirrel said:
We have yet to see you agree that your posts (to him) were harsher than necessary, or even mention it.
It wasn't harsher than necessary. I pointed out that there were other threads already started with dozens of comments he was looking for.

busy_squirrel said:
Rather you've decided to continue your attacks, while redirected at me
Incorrect. I made 2 comments directed to John Doe. After that you attacked me and I replied to you. Get your facts straight.

Looking forward to hearing from you 9 months from now when you bring up this grudge again. Have a good day.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NovaResource said:
So you are a hypocrite. You expect other to be tactful but you can be untactful and call names if you desire. OK, I can understand that.

It wasn't harsher than necessary. I pointed out that there were other threads already started with dozens of comments he was looking for.

Incorrect. I made 2 comments directed to John Doe. After that you attacked me and I replied to you. Get your facts straight.

Looking forward to hearing from you 9 months from now when you bring up this grudge again. Have a good day.
NovaResource dude I read your other posts you've posted, in diff... topics you're simply rude to people..
Busy_squirrel is right if you want to get your point across you can say it in a nice way and people will thank you for it, but you act as you are the smartest from every one in here and it bothers you that we have to post such topics, if that's the point than don't reply at all if you know you have nothing nice to say.
Things don't get resolved with anger and being rude.:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
John Doe said:
NovaResource dude I read your other posts you've posted, in diff... topics you're simply rude to people..
Busy_squirrel is right if you want to get your point across you can say it in a nice way and people will thank you for it, but you act as you are the smartest from every one in here and it bothers you that we have to post such topics, if that's the point than don't reply at all if you know you have nothing nice to say.
Things don't get resolved with anger and being rude.:)
Am I the smartest here? Nope. I know that.

You need to grow some thicker skin pal. You posted old info and I called you on it. The info you were looking for already exists in other threads and I pointed you to them. Get over it and stop crying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
NovaResource said:
Am I the smartest here? Nope. I know that.

You need to grow some thicker skin pal. You posted old info and I called you on it. The info you were looking for already exists in other threads and I pointed you to them. Get over it and stop crying.
I'm not crying looks like your the one crying and want all the attention couse its funny how this topic went from hyundai 2010 to all about you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.