Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious. Has anyone done a 3.5 swap in the tib v6? Also can you swap in the santa fe ecu to get more power?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
the 3.5L G6AU sigma v6 is different from the delta..

the G6BA delta is all aluminum..including head an block

the sigma has a iron block and aluminum heads..

all that effort to just gain 22 horsepower isnt' worth it

and upgrade's like turbo arent' even availabe not even a intake.

so don't bother..and no, it hasn't and couldn't will be done.

the car would handle like a lead sled and understeer everywhere.

·
Registered
334 Posts
yes it has been done, ive seen about 3 or 4 tibs with the swap, one of them was turboed.

heres some pics of one

heres the 3.5 turbo

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
hmm nice pics...

i guess the sigma is a better candidate for boost since it's got a iron block compared to the delta's alumnum block.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the sigma had more than just 22 hp over the delta? Either why its better than delta by far...its like us4 banger guys doing the beta swap. Your not gonna go THAT much faster but its still a better platform....what about S for the sigma?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
187sks said:
I want a 3.8l Lambda swapped GK...
That folks, is hitting the nail on the head.

3.8 quad cam 268? horsepower v-6. mmmmm... yummy. Whats the 2.7 at, 197? I mean.. 197? 268? 197? 268? Do you even have to ask?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
err no..the new kia sorento use's both 3.3 and 3.8L lambda engines..

they can also be had with a manual but that's a rear wheel drive tranny.

Their DBW is pretty good..almost cable like.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
WytchDctr said:
and only has an auto transmission that can bolt to it... booo :D
Can you say drag car? :p

Who wants to shift 6 friggin times down the 1/4. My fat ass can only shift so fast.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Blah I am waiting to do a swap on a hyundai... little more extreme. Only if I can find a accent with dead engine and a tibby front clip with full wiring harness and I will send that little bastard engine straight to the back of the car... rwd accent. Just have to figure out how I want to run the cooling system and the hubs. Cram a fuel cell where the old engine is and put a roll cage in and some front support to protect fuel tank...:D

3.5 and not even scratching 200 hp or insanly low rpm torque... no thanks hyundai. I rather swap in a hyundai straight 6 diesel in a tibby and make it rwd.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I need to win the lottery....

Have my car go on some tune up show LOL, where there's no limit..

Yeah, I would like to have a different engine in my Tibby. My friend at work has a 3.5 Santa Fe and it a lot quicker off the line than my car. That's messed up.

My ex-mother in law has a 350XG with the 3.5 as well, it's not has fast as the Santa Fe.

Isn't the 3.5 a direct drop in?

·
Registered
864 Posts
that is the same motor that is in the XG350 they are junk...the electricals on them are horrible...trust me i work on them almost everyday...and they weight alot more then the delta....

i agree with others the handling would be rediculous...especially on a front drive car....

just look at the non boosted mitsu 3000 almost the same motor...they are turds on wheels when it comes to hadling.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
the XG350 would blow away the 3.5L santa fe

my family has one and i've driven the piss out of it and it haul's ass.

santa fe:0-60:9.8 seconds
XG:0-60:7.6 seconds.

one annoything thing abou the xg is that the airbag light is always on, something to do with the passenger aurbag connector underneath the seat..it seem's they made the wire's to short during manufactering process, so if i move the seat back..it stretches the connector wire's and possibly rip's the wire off the connectors.

i had to go the dealership 5 time's to get it fixed..

a common flaw

·
Registered
492 Posts
TAK82 said:
the XG350 would blow away the 3.5L santa fe

my family has one and i've driven the piss out of it and it haul's ass.

santa fe:0-60:9.8 seconds
XG:0-60:7.6 seconds.

one annoything thing abou the xg is that the airbag light is always on, something to do with the passenger aurbag connector underneath the seat..it seem's they made the wire's to short during manufactering process, so if i move the seat back..it stretches the connector wire's and possibly rip's the wire off the connectors.

i had to go the dealership 5 time's to get it fixed..

a common flaw
why wouldnt you just lengthen the wires then?
fix it once and for all

·
Registered
3 Posts
that is the same motor that is in the XG350 they are junk...the electricals on them are horrible...trust me i work on them almost everyday...and they weight alot more then the delta....

i agree with others the handling would be rediculous...especially on a front drive car....

just look at the non boosted mitsu 3000 almost the same motor...they are turds on wheels when it comes to hadling.

That's why instead of doing a 3.5L from the XG350, you can just put a Mitsubishi Authentic 6G74 DOHC 3.5L inside instead as it's literally the same and has better tech on it as well as more power off the rip from factory at around 240hp if you can get one from a Diamante VR-X in Australia. Same bore, stroke and all that jazz. I've also seen them compared to each other and even the bolt pattern is the same on the bell housings that it's almost insane.

Then again, if you're going to do the 3.5L, the 3.8L MIVEC engine should bolt right in to the stock 6 speed Tiburon transmission as a guy in PR just completed the swap as well a couple months ago. Plus, you get the full 263hp/260tq off the rip and can do it all with a much higher flowing single cam head than the XG300 & XG350 as well so bolt ons and tune should get you over 300hp easily and in a 6 speed Tiburon, that would be amazing especially for such little mods needed to get it to get to 300hp and over that as plenty of PR guys are doing lots without forced induction on those 3.8's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts