Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noobish question.

im going to buy this 4-1 header.... but i noticed on my stock setup the catalytic converter is attached to where the down pipe starts on this one.... what do i do?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i found someone selling it and im waiting for them to log on so i can get payment info.,...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Before you do, I think I read somewhere on these forums that the 4-2-1 was the way to go?

As for purchasng a cat, I just bought a maganaflow muffler off of a guy on ebay for $109, it listed for $266. He's an ebay store guy, eBay Store - Atomic City Auto Parts: Magnaflow, Exhaust, Exhaust System. Do your research and if you have something in particular that you want drop this guy a note and see what he can do.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im buying a 4-1 because this specific one is less expensive, atleast from what ive seen around

·
Registered
737 Posts
headers are hard to come by and most were 4-1 you shouldn't find much difference in the way they create power on the accents both will flow more and your moving the cat farther downstream which is the reason the stock system sucks anyway(stupid close coupled cats).

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have a 98 4 door and had the same problem just remove the upstream cat so the downpipe can be installed and weld the end of the down pipe to the front of the downstream cat you will also have to have an o2 sensor bung welded in after the downstream cat done correctly you will have no mill illuminated and if you go to an independent repair shop for your inspection they wont know that the vehicle even came with 2 cats or if you are as lucky as me and work as a mechanic for a living you can inspect your own vehicle and bypass all the safety issues

where did you find the header anyways

·
Registered
427 Posts
xpingux said:
my accent has two cats on it. one on the header, and one after the flex pipe. if i remove one, will it still fail?
Actually, the second one (behind the flex pipe) is only a resonator
You can staright pipe that (if you want) it'll only change the exhaust note of your car a bit.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts