Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I've heard a lot about the hyundai beta 2 engine being based off the mitsubishi 4g63 engine. I was wondering how similar the engines are and if any of the bolt ons for the 4g63 will fit the beta 2. While I'm on the subject, would the dsm turbo kit from the 4g63t fit the beta 2?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
ok, so I've heard a lot about the hyundai beta 2 engine being based off the mitsubishi 4g63 engine. I was wondering how similar the engines are and if any of the bolt ons for the 4g63 will fit the beta 2. While I'm on the subject, would the dsm turbo kit from the 4g63t fit the beta 2?
this has been covered 1000 times and no there are no shared parts. a turbo manifold for the 4g can be used with a little modification of the mounting holes but no a full turbo kit will not work since they are mounted on opposite sides of the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are turbo kits available for the Beta II.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but couldn't I buy a manifold for made for the tiburon and use the rest of the parts, or am I over simplifying it?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Unless the engine is the same size, and in the same place (it's not) compared to the enigine bay, the piping won't fit.

Sure, you could use a few components like an intercooler from a 4g63, but alot of the stuff is not compatible, due to location, as a couple people in this thread stated.

Why are you so set on using "the wrong" equipment? Is it just parts you have laying around, and you're trying to build a turbo car for cheap?:confused: Why are you trying to build a cheap turbo setup, instead of a "right" turbo setup?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
because, not everyone has $3000 to put a turbo in their car, and I happen to know where I can get those parts for cheap

·
Registered
13 Posts
If your a skilled welder you may be able to get away with a $1500 system, but that means no real tunning so you would have to stay at very low boost. Regardless piping will have to be custom. Unfortunately it takes a lot of money for a good system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I
Im done upgrading and am this close to throwing a MaxSpeedingRod t3t4 .57a/r turbo on mine, I have years of experience if fabrication so it's easy to me but if you aren't a fabricator by trade or educated in mechanical engineering I'd say throw aisen JDM 500 blower on it and forgot the aggravation a turbo will cost u. Think it's also the same blower Random used

1 - 11 of 11 Posts