Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this idea for awile and I really want to build it now. I know what tranny to use, and what mounts, but what really confuses me is the wiring. Can I just use the eclipse wiring? I cannot find the answer on the web anywhere. We are talking about a 1986 pony

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
either go to torontohyundaiclub.com or email me at [email protected]

That engine will fit. Im putting in a DOHC 4G64 in mine ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
use the eclipse engine wiring and you need an ignition switch with the 12v reference to power up the ecu if you have any questions about it just send me an email [email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will the Stellar and Pony take a 2.0 Beta lump?

I was wondering if the Stellar and Pony will take the 2.0 Beta swap with their RWD trannies? I'd really like to know if that would work as I have an idea to use a Stellars or Ponies tranny, driveshaft and rear axel to convert my X3 95-99 Accent into a Beta powered RWD donut machine :D.

Accentrik95.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If the engine bolt patterns are the same then im sure you can make it work. the accent clutch disc has the same spline count so i know that the disc slips on the transmission imput shaft. as for the bolt pattern i havent had the two motors together to know for sure. might as well steal a genesis and stuff it in the accent haha

·
Registered
16 Posts
If the engine bolt patterns are the same then im sure you can make it work. the accent clutch disc has the same spline count so i know that the disc slips on the transmission imput shaft. as for the bolt pattern i havent had the two motors together to know for sure. might as well steal a genesis and stuff it in the accent haha
Some how I don't think that 4.6 V8 brute :eek: is gonna quite fit in my Accent engine bay bruv lol. Also do all RWD Hyndais have a longitudinal engine set-up as opposed to the FWD lateral blocks? If thats the case then I would have the rotate the Beta block 90 degrees in order to mate it up with the driveshaft right?

Accentrik95

·
Registered
492 Posts
that is correct, the engine would have to rotate. i would just do a nice swap and keep it fwd, less work equal sooner you can enjoy the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts