Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im from aus and was just wondering if yous know if there is any 4wd accent running around and if i was going to do that to my car what parts would i need ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
essentially that was cut up accent shell with evo running gear
turbo 4G63 with the evo awd
think the rigollis still have it sitting around somewhere

·
Registered
127 Posts
well there is another way to do it expensive as hell thought, you take you car into a shop remove your gas tank and get a cell and take out your spare tire compartment and run a rear diff from an eclipse with the same ratio as your transmition ( custom gears ) and have the shop custom mount and custom fit the eclipse transmition to your block and tunnel the underside of your chassie to fit the driveline the whole proccess would of ran me about 11,000 and i decided not too lol only cause i bought the car for 8,000 so i dunno every one has their own thing u can do anything with enough money but if you want awd might as well buy a awd with the money your going to spend. imma just build up my FF

·
Registered
127 Posts
o ya forgot to put it i was going to do the fuel cell and cut out my spare tire compartment and weld a plate over that on my own the 11,000 is mostly in custom mounting an eclipse transmition to the block cause they got to redo everything on the transmition housing and wasnt worth it. hope this info was helpful

·
Registered
137 Posts
this could be done.... but you have to take the 4wd shaft, tranny and diffs from a car that has a similar alignement as your car. So, if you look at the car from front side, engine to the left, tranny on the right.
The easiest thing would be to get it from a hyundai 4wd, for example Hyundai Tucson, remove fuel tank and make a bit of space in the front for the main shaft... make custom mounts for it and there you go...
PLEASE someone do it! Or... i will!!! :)
Kennman

·
Registered
99 Posts
its a lot harder then that
cause you need to work out the rear suspension with the new rear diff
that would mean custom rear driveshafts, fully custom made suspension with lots of R&D to find out the best mounting points for bumpsteer, damping and rebound, cutting out the floor pan to get a rear driveshaft in there....

·
Registered
137 Posts
its a lot harder then that
cause you need to work out the rear suspension with the new rear diff
that would mean custom rear driveshafts, fully custom made suspension with lots of R&D to find out the best mounting points for bumpsteer, damping and rebound, cutting out the floor pan to get a rear driveshaft in there....
no, no, you didtn understand me- you would SWAP tranny, main axle, front axles, rear diff, rear axles from a Hyundai tuscson. No custom work here.
Custom work would be needed when attaching this drivetrain TO your accent, which OBVIOUSLY would need some cutting of the rear floor pan. Accent struts mount perfectly to tucson knuckle... we have it pretty much sorted out, only we need to find a car to do it...

·
Registered
99 Posts
no, no, you didtn understand me- you would SWAP tranny, main axle, front axles, rear diff, rear axles from a Hyundai tuscson. No custom work here.
Custom work would be needed when attaching this drivetrain TO your accent, which OBVIOUSLY would need some cutting of the rear floor pan. Accent struts mount perfectly to tucson knuckle... we have it pretty much sorted out, only we need to find a car to do it...

but what about track width
surely the tuscun is a lot wider then the accent???
other then that, that would be a really cool idea

1 - 12 of 12 Posts