Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a engine swap and transmission swap on my 96 elantra from a 2000 I have it all in and everything is hooked up, I shorted the neutral switch wires where the auto shifter used to be. I left the TCU hooked up (tried it both ways). The car has power but when you turn it over nothing happens, also the car won't let you have your key back until you disconnect the battery after you try and start it?? Need suggestions.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
There is an interlock on the auto that won't let you get your key unless you are in park.

I think it explained in the auto manual threads. Hybrid forum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the same problem with my auto to manual swap in my 96 elantra you have to put a push button ignition switch in, still require key to start just need the button to spin the starter, as far as the key issue I disconected the TCU and the plug in for it and I dont have a problem retreiving my key,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Just run a hot wire fron the switch to the starter very simple fix..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it all figured out just had to short a couple of pins on one of the plugs that used to plug into the atuo tranny and the car starts just fine:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts