Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a engine swap and transmission swap on my 96 elantra from a 2000 I have it all in and everything is hooked up, I shorted the neutral switch wires where the auto shifter used to be. I left the TCU hooked up (tried it both ways). The car has power but when you turn it over nothing happens, also the car won't let you have your key back until you disconnect the battery after you try and start it?? Need suggestions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
you need to disable the park lock out switch and the neutral start switch. basically the lock out switch prevents you from taking the key out of the ignition without putting the transmission in park, and the neutral start switch lets you start the engine in neutral, similar to the manual where you have to have the clutch in.

im pretty sure all you need to do is ground both of the power wires from these switches to somewhere on the car body and that should make it work, just try it and see what happens

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I found the keylock switch box and I just completly removed it, the car still starts and it lets me have my key back, is it going to hurt anything to just leave that disconnected?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts