Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
high all im haveing a problem shifting into 2nd gear i cant shift up from 1st but i can shift down from 3rd but i have to slam it in an its becomeing increaseinly harder any ideas ? any help would be greatly appreciated this first 3500rpm to 3rd is killing my wallet :confused:

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Try replacing your fluid with Redline MT-90. Losing gears can indicate low or contaminated MT oil. Something could be out of adjustment also. Check that your cables are moving the shift assembly on the transmission through their full range of motion by having someone run through the gears with you under the hood looking at the range of motion the shift assembly has. You can also see if you can shift the transmission into 2nd gear manually at the transmission itself while you're underhood.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
As already mentioned - check or replace fluid.

Verify clutch function as proper - however it is likely that poor disengagement of clutch would be be present in all gear changes.

Lastly, you may have damaged or bent the shift forks by hammering the shifter and forcing the gear change. Be aware of this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thank u very kindly im thinkin mayb the fluid might be low so im gonna check that how would u go about checking the level ? an im asumeing that iwould have to open up the bell houseing to check the shift fork

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What makes you think the fluid is low? A leak noted on the ground or on the transmission?

If you do not know where the level check is, I wouldn't recommend even thinking of removing and opening up the transmission.

The level check/fill bolt is on the forward side of the transmission, about halfway up. Do a search on the boards here - I am positive that someone has posted photo's of this before.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i did note a small dropp of something dark did feel slick on the bell housing of the tranny but i am not sure if it was gear oil it did seem waterish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts