Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im sure this question has been asked before but i could not find it when i did a search. I have a 1997 elantra and have been running a 50 shot dry and i am now converting to wet shot. I have I/H/E/ and a heavy duty clutch. Could my car handle a 75 shot or should i just go 50 wet shot. If i go 50 wet will it be more powerful than dry. Its a NX kit.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
u can run a 75 shot wet safely with some minor fuel upgrades. i've run 75 by accident on stock fuel and the alpha was fine, so i thin ur beta will be up to the task. wet versus dry is more of a safety concern instead of power feelings.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of fuel upgrades. Why would i have to upgrade the fuel if the wet shot sprays fuel. How often did you spray?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
i've only sprayed 75 shot twice. when ur using the wet kit, fuel pressure needs to be at a minimum certain amount or above. pressure on hyundai's i believe is either 32, 34, or 38 psi stock. i upgraded my system with an safc2 and slighty bigger injectors. so althought pressure is the same, i'm dumping more fuel constantly into the cylinder with the safc2 and more with the nx wet kit i'm running.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Just swap in an Eclipse GST fuel pump. And make sure you're running NGK BKR6E plugs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have an 02 xd. i spray an 80 shot religiously. ive been thru 6 bottles already. 3 bottles w/50 shot, and the other 3 w/80 shot. i use the zex wet kit. i also run a 190 fuel pump, hayden trans cooler, and the famous ngk bkr6e plugs(gapped at .035). and i change out the plugs every 2 bottles. the same for oil changes, every 3k with mobile1 synthetic oil. and it pulls with alot of power. i can beat stock v6tibbs (friend has an 03gt). dynoed and everything (N/A-120whp/118wtq, 80 shot-156whp/168wtq). the only problem is I RUN RICH as hell. im in the process of building up a motor for the xd. just figuring out everything before hand. then ill spray the F out of it. gotta love the bottle. when the new motor is ready to install, ill throw in a 100+shot, and see if i cant blow up the motor. it may even run great with it. who knows.

·
Registered
539 Posts
You're only getting 36whp out of a 80 shot zex kit? I plan on getting 80whp with a 75 shot of nitrous with my nitrous express wet kit and bottle warmer.:)

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Originally posted by BENTLEY
[body]
You're only getting 36whp out of a 80 shot zex kit? I plan on getting 80whp with a 75 shot of nitrous with my nitrous express wet kit and bottle warmer.:)
[/body]
things dont always go as planned. and 80 hp from a 75 shot? how is that possible?

·
Registered
539 Posts
With the proper bottle pressure the nitrous express kits are known to slightly exceed the shot rating. I will find out for sure in a couple of weeks:)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
results vary from vehicle to vehicle.

Just make sure you dont over heat the bottle... if you do, you run the risk of running lean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts