Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now I had a 92 elantra and I got a 93 elantra now I put the engine from the 92 in the 93 the 93 has a rebuilt trans so I was told I think its true but the thing has the same problem as the 92 did it dosent all was shift like it supposed to it kicks out of gear and it dosent like to go into over drive that’s the most common time it happens
now I did save the tcu from the 92 and I put it in the 93 and it was worse so I think it’s the computer they put it in a stupid spot under the passenger seat so if the window open and it rains it gets wet so I think that is the problem is so if you have the same problem and you got it fix let me know because I hate driving the car this way I cant race any one I mean at a event and stuff

·
Registered
715 Posts
These TCUs have capacitor failures replace the capacitors and see if the problem continues. Also the OD problem is usually warped end clutches you can get replacements at www.ipttrans.com look under mitsu for your parts.

·
Registered
73 Posts
There are alot of things that could be the problem on your car.
Overdrive will not engage until the transmission fluid temp has reached normal operating temps. That usually takes about 15mins of driving, more if it's cold out.

Make sure your TPS is adjusted properly.

Make sure your fluid level is good, the fluid is clean and that you are using ATF+3 or ATF+4 from a dodge dealer. If you don't know how to check the fluid level, here's how it goes. Trans temp must be up (drive for about 20 mins), cycle the shifter from park to 2nd, then back up to neutral and check your level while idling on level ground.

Make sure that your idle position switch on the throttle body is set right.

Make sure that the accelerator switch on the gas pedal is adjusted properly.

Also scan the TCM for codes before replacing it. There may be nothing wrong. I've heard of the ground wire for the TCM corroding at the floor just infront of the seat tracks.

Also make sure that your engine is performing properly, If it's not running right, the tranny will seem to shift bad. They don't communicate between control units like other cars so one doesn't know the other is bad.

Hope this helps. Get your hands on a genuine service manual.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks for the help what are you talking about genuine service manual what a 93 hyundai elantra shop manual its for the service technicians of authorized hyundai dealers (printed in korea) yeah its not that easy to read but it works thank later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts