Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info on what i can do to make my 93 elentra 1.8l DOHC any faster without swaping the engine?
I heard the 2.0 and the 1.8 are the same engine ony the bore and stroke are different
if thats true couldnt i use parts off the 2.0?
any info would help

:smoking:

·
Registered
19 Posts
i think all the stuff is the same but i dont know for sure i will when i get a cheap 2.0 dont know when not that easy to find everyone wants them later

·
Registered
100 Posts
if u want to get some speed without swapping engines u could just upgrade some parts. like getting a cold air intake, new tires, or just going all out and getting a manual trans if u don't already have one can help.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Trying to get a cold air intake would be nice but the MAF is very restrictive. The owner can use a GM MAF translator and an 350ci LT-1 MAF. Get 3" stainless steel tubing and hook it all up. The GM MAF is less restrictive by far.

:)

EDIT: On the parts issue, the 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and the 2.4 essentially share the same block. You can get a 2.0 head and go that route. There are different varations of the 2.0 head. You might want to consult Beserko for information on this subject. He roams these boards every now and then.

[Edited by Hyundai92Excel on Feb 14, 2006 5:47 PM]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts