Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone help? I have a 1993 Hyundai excel that does not start. I am a certified mechanic and have tried everything that I can think of. It has spark, the timing is right on. I've replaced the distributer,tps , etc. I even put a different ECU in. It has decent compression: but it is overfeuling heavy. The plugs are soaked and when I did the compression test it was getting everthing wet with gas. It seems as though the injecters are wide open. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
:depressed:

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
It's flooded. Take the plugs out and turn the engine over until it gets rid of the gas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, but I removed the plugs, turned the engine over a bunch of times and the fuel kept comming ( huge mists of fuel from each cylinder) . I left the plugs out overnight and still won't run; not even fire or sputter. When I pulled the plugs out again they were again soaked. I tested the plugs, wires, all had good spark.:puzzled:

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
I used to have a 91 excel, back when I was 17-18, I don't remember too much about it, but my dad had to get some service done to the MAF sensor because it was telling the ECM to dump more fuel into the engine, making gas mileage horrible and everything carbon coated. Test the sensor leads to make sure they're in the proper resistance range.

Seems like something is telling the injector solenoids to open fully. It could also be a fuel pressure problem.

I would also try disconnecting the wires from the injectors and seeing if it still floods. If they do, then somehow ALL the injectors' solenoids have been compromised.

While I never use it, there is something called HMA, it's a large online database for Hyundai vehicles. Why don't I use it? It does not cover my car (84-87 Pony) Jst ask ANYONE else about HMA, they will give you the website.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you figure this out? My 93s ECM burned out and I replaced it with an interchangable and it wont start. Scann tool shows everthing work, all in time, fuel pressure and compressure. Just wont start.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The following suggestion may help for you..
Starter motor problem is linked to startup issues in cars. Common issue is When starter motor is stuffed the gear would not extend out properly to engage the gear on the engine.Replacing of starter motor is a good idea.check ignition coil current supply and or distributor contact point or condenser/ ur cars current supply fluctuate when engine is hot...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts