Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've a got a topic going on in the hybrid forum about the x3 Beta swap, so far we've come to the conclusion that the Beta will swap into the accent by just hooking up the Motor and Beta ecu to the stock harness, the only mod to be done here is reversing the O2 sensor wires(ground and signal should be reversed)for both O2 sensors. For the 97 Accent the only difference between the sohc(1.5L)& dohc(2.0L or 1.5L)is that the sohc does not have the following:

PIN 18- canister close valve(2.0L & 1.5L)
PIN 76- fuel tank pressure sensor(2.0L & 1.5L)

Every other PIN is identical for the 1.5L sohc, 1.5L dohc, and 2.0L dohc

From my understanding the swap will go the same as the 98-99 even with these differences.

When it comes down to the 95-96 what happens? this is what would be nice to know, I posted here because I heard that before the beta motors were introduced in the tibs & elantras the accents were more like the x2s and so on, what is the story on this I'm sure someone here must know, especially some of the moderators who've got more knowlege on x2s and early x3s.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good point made

This would be a good thread to have an answer to. I'm swappin out my engine from my X3, cooling issues and power the cars been sittin up for over a year so I'm ready to have fun with it. I can never find parts for them so I was just goin to sell it but I changed my mind. So help would be useful please, let keep this going!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok well let me start by saying the conception with the beta swap only working in 97-99 is not because of the harness...its the chasis.

ok so let me say this for 1996 atleast its doable but harder than in the 97-99. heres why. the same might be true for 95 but i havent verrified so this is for a 1996..

ok first off. u need a tranny. 97+ second u need to modify the frame and u need mounts and crossmember from 97+

in 95-96 the cross member bolts to the motor not the tranny like in later years.. this cosses issue when u try to install the 97+ cross member. the rear part of the crossmember bolts up fine the front does not u have to hamer the lower core support flate about 3-6 inches towars the driver side for the crossmember to meet up to the core support flush (since the holes are different between 96 and 97+) then u have to drill the core support for the second bolt hole and install a longer bolts that fits.. ur not able to run a very thick bolt with this mod but i haveent had any issues with this mod. ive had it done for 15-20k and 200 1/4 mile passes no issues.

second the 96 tranny cant be used as no mouting points for 97+ cross member. so u neeed a newer tranny. and u need tranny mounts for the cross member as the 96 wont work ....i get 2 codes close valve and fuel tank sensor. runs great and is very fun. hope this helps everyone. oh u still need to extend wires and such.

proof my beta 96

1 - 3 of 3 Posts