Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if it would be possible to take apart the 95 accent headlight caseings and remove the inner caseing plastic to make clear headlights and clear corners,any advice on this would be helpful thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
1) There is absolutely no reason to take apart the headlights on an X3 Accent. If your thinking about discarding the lense (rippled part) then you might as well take a hammer and smash your headlights. Not only would it most likely look like crap in the end because they don't look like the inside of the LC headlight but your headlights will be useless for daily driving. The headlights on the LC look the way they do because the reflector and lense is all-in-one at the back of the headlight whereas the X3 has the lense on the front of the light. The lense is the only thing that directs the light and in what amounts.

2) As for clear corners, I'm not sure but I think the orange is a coating which may or may not be removable. You could try it but there your best bet is to buy a set from and sell your stock lights. They usually run for about $70.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts