Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows everyone today? I am looking to buy a 95 elantra just so I can swap the 4g63t motor in. What should i be looking for? the 1.8 litre or the 1.6 litre elantra, and also, will the motor just bolt right in? or will i have to modify anything??? just looking at all the possibilities here, someone who is very knowledgeable about this swap, please msg back and tell me first of all, which car i should look for, and second of all, is the whole swap worth it? thanks so much

·
Registered
492 Posts
doesnt matter if its the 1.6 or 1.8, to mount it use the elantra mounts, coolant tube(metal one that goes under the exhaust manifold, elantra ac bracket, if you want to keep it, you can use all the elantra electronics, some plugs are different between the two motors, i used the 1.6 axles, clutch, flywheel,tranny,mounts, electronics, coolant tube, fuel pressure regulator (different hose size for the return line) 2L fuel injecters and engine of corse. definitly you can feel a difference. im going to put in the 2L ecu when i find one but its fun to drive even though im still using the 1.6 ecu and exhaust. go for it its as straight forward as replacing the 1.6 or 1.8. any other questions feel free to ask me. good luck

·
Registered
492 Posts
going to the wreckers tomorrow to get one perferably the 2L but if i end up needing it i will letr you know

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey guys, me again, I think I might have bought the 95 elantra 1.8 litre haha, im going to see it tommorrow, and its 1500 buks. ill probably drive it for a while before i do the swap though, considering how it only has 85,000 kilometers lol. Anyways, the swap will have to be for the 4g63t motor, but the fwd transmission right?? cuz the fwd tranny is harder to find then the awd, thats for sure. Anyways, anyone wanna give me some final advice before i go through with the purchase of the car? like dont do it lol??? thanks guys
AND>>> WHAT KIND OF ECU WILL I NEED OFR THE SWAP? THE 4G63T ECU OR THE 1.8 ECU???

·
Registered
715 Posts
You need a 1992-1994 Elantra Wiring Harness 95 is different will not work and then you need a 91-94 4g63t ECU to make it work...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts