Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right some of you keeping up on this forum probably know I have a '97 Accent GT with the DOHC. I'm looking to find what mods can be done fairly easily to give it a bit more power. Stock (If I'm not mistaken) it has quite a bit less HP than my stock Nissan Sentra. I'd like to get them somewhat comparable which would give the Accent the weight and hp/weight advantage. Possibly even surpass it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have a Tib TB and a CAI made for the DOHC GT......they will give some power...how much not sure.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I understand but I'm planning on keeping the Sentra fairly stock so anything I do to the Accent will only help. Besides I have the DOHC Accent not the SOHC. How much are you asking for them wit? And do they already have the hole for the sensors I need to stil in them? Pics wit2003? I might be interested.

·
Registered
582 Posts
i got pics of them on my home pc(on my laptop at the moment), but i will get them to you asap. How about $100 plus shipping for both. The CAI has the hole for the IAT and it also comes in 2 pieces so you can install the MAF. The CAI was made by MHP tuning down in Texas, not sure if they made any more intakes other than mine. The TB is already modified to fit the accent as well. I also have an IM for the DOHC if you felt like doin a port and polish on one. I used to have a 97 GT until it got totalled, but i took most of the parts out of it before it went to the junkers. Let me know if you need/want anything else.

[email protected]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have an ECU for one? I have teh 2.0 ECU in mine at the moment dunno if it'll work or not. I get to put the new clutch in it tommorrow and pray things go well. Let me know exactly what performance parts you've got left. I'm trying to get this rolling anomoly on the road first then do some upgrades to it. I'll probably want both the MAF and the IAT (What is the IAT anyways never heard of it before) installed even with the CAI on. How much of a gain estimated would you say the Tibby TB gave you? Is it a decently noticable gain? I might look into the port and polish but I'm not sure yet. That'll be something that might happen down the line if the girl I'm fixing teh car for decides to go further. I'll also have to look into shops and pricing. Let me know what you're asking for each piece that you have and what the shipping will be to the 23703 zip. I'll run the prices by her being she'll be the one paying.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The IAT is the intake air temperature sensor located in the factory airbox.
When fitting a CAI, this needs to be placed in the intake pipe, just after the cone filter.

Nick.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K. Thanks. I was wondering what that other sensor was on the air box. I'm not used to it I'm used to having only a MAP or MAF sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts