Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone haven't posted in a while..but me and my friend started doing work on our cars now that its getting a little warmer out, this weekend i'm getting my CAI installed onto my accent GS , and then were looking into some other things but I was wondering if anyone has ever switched the tranny from auto to manual on a model like this..If anyone could give me a ballpark estimate on how much the parts would cost and how long the job would take. Much appreciated. Also if you have any other pointers, I dont know much. Thanks!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Are you goinig to try it yourself? A friend of mine did it and he isnt an expert but it works. It cost him $75 for the clutch kit $50 for the tranny and $40 for all the other pasrts needed. It took him and another guy about 2 or 3 days to do it.I'll see if I can find him and have him talk to you.

·
Registered
159 Posts
im doing the same swap in an lc during spring break when its warmer. your gunna need the essentials like the new center console with the boot, the new pedals, master cylinder, the cables, the tranny, and clutch. and think that is about it

·
Registered
464 Posts
You don't necessarily have to get the same model. I used a car that was a different year and trim level. The mechanical stuff is easy enough, but the trim pieces like the shifter surround and the little bolts & whatnot, that's where a spare car comes in handy. Plus, if it has the same engine as your car, you have a candidate for a fresh rebuild or a head P&P, that you can install in your own time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts