Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, could someone (with a 97 lantra) do me a huge favour and read any tiny lettering on their MAF sensor connector, I'm trying to identify mine as it's not where it should be! Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
97 elantra

hey i have a 97 elantra too.... the MAF is the mass air flow sensor... it's located inbetween your throttle body and the intake box... it's a clip that's about 1" to 1.5" wide and it clips on the intake tube!!! hope that helps

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the problem is i don't have a MAF at all - someone has taken it out at some stage. I'm trying to identify the clip floating around in the engine bay that once attached to the MAF... is there any unique identification on your clip that attaches to the MAF?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey send me a pm with your email and i'll send you the pics of my engine where the sensor should be and what it looks like... i took like 3 or 4 pics of it from far to close... also... i just thought about it... you might wanna researh your exact model like call hyundai and give them your vin number cause i don't think they all came with a MAF!!!!! but i'm not sure...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Someone must've done an intake mod y0!

You don't have a CEL?

·
Registered
274 Posts
How odd. o_O When my MAF fell off in front of the intake tube, the engine just shut down. Anyhow, the clip to it is pretty distinctive looking, it's rectangular and has pins on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts