Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading somewhere that the beta ecu will plug and play with the 98-99 ecu. Looking at the hybrid section of the stick for beta swaps wiring all the pins seem to be the same and it is definitely the plug. I know people have put them in the accent and I am interested in knowing what the benifits of it is? I know you get a higher redline (not sure how much higher) but I am not really interested in that. I am thinking that using the ecu with my TIB MAF and TIB injectors/TB even w/o an apexi would make my car run SO much better.....

[Edited by omgbossis21 on Dec 19, 2005 7:36 PM]

·
Registered
281 Posts
pretty sure you gotta repin some stuff. check in the hybrid forums, theres a comparison of the pinouts between the two. if you really wanna do it, let me know cause i can get ecu's for cheep

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I stated I looked at the hybrid section to compare the two and all pins are the same for what they have listed. I will have to use webtech to come up with more pins of different things for the accent and check them on the beta. I believe they are the same ;-)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
What year beta are you gunna use? I have already done the wiring harness pin out for a 98-99 accent 1.5 manual and 00-01 tiburon 2.0 manual and they are definetly not the same.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was comparing whats in the hybrid section, the sticky for wiring in a beta. The 98 accent and the 00 Tib pinouts. All the pins that are shown are the same. You must know other pins that you could compare some more with...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the hyrbid sections, I just used webtech to compare some more pins. All 4 fuel injectors are located on the same pin along with both of the crankshaft position sensor pins (SAME). Pussykat, get me a price on a 00 tib ecu PLEASE! Whats the worst that could happen if a few pins are off, the ecu would short and I have to put the old one back in prolly? I'll keep comparing more pins but thats a pretty big # of pins the exact same. The 95-97 accents have a different ecu setup as wel as the 00+. I just noticed the downstream o2 the signal and the ground are reversed. Rob, what did you have to change around for the 98-00 conversion, im very intersted in this b/c it doesnt look like much needs to be changed at all.....

[Edited by omgbossis21 on Dec 19, 2005 4:46 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE : NOW WITH A/C (THEY ARE ALSO THE SAME)
Check this out :
COMPARISON BETWEEN 98 ACCENT ECU(1.5) VS 2.0 BETA ECU (00 TIB)
PINS :

1-Fuel pump relay, same
2-ISA closing, same
3-fuel injector #1, same
4-fuel injector #4, same
5-
6-ecu ground, same
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-02 upstream ground(accent) signal

(tib), switched
12-02 upstream ground (tib) signal

(accent) switched
13-
14-maf ground, same
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-condensor fan relay,same
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-ignition coil, 1&4, same
26-
27-MFI control relay, same
28-ecu ground, same, camshaft ground
29-opening ISA, same
30-downstream 02 heating, same
31-fuel injector #3, same
32-fuel injector #2, same
33-
34-ecu ground, same
35-
36-evap purge valve, same
37-upstream 02 heating, same
38-
39-downstream 02 signal

(tib)ground(accent) switched
40-downstream 02 signal(accent)

ground(tib) switched
41-MAF signal, same
42-Speed signal, same
43-
44-camshaft position sensor

signal,same
45-radiator fan relay control,same
46-
47-
48-a/c relay control(tib)
49-
50-
51-
52-ignition coil, 2&3, same
53-
54-battery voltage(accent)
55-ecu ground, same
56-
57-
58-igntion switch manual trans, same
59-TPS/accelaration sensor/fuel tank

power, same
60-reprogramming obdii wire(accent)
61-
62-
63-
64-a/c switch on input, same
65-a/c pressure switch,same
66-
67-
68-
69-
70-knock sensor signal, same
71-coolant temp/IAT/knock sensor/tps

ground/acel. sensor/fuel tank pressure

sensor, same
72-
73-TPS output, same
74-
75-
76-fuel tank pressure sensor, same
77-IAT power, same
78-coolant temp output, same
79-
80-accelaration sensor output , same
81-
82-Lline obdii,same
83-Kline obdii,same
84-
85-ignition switch auto trans(accent)
86-ignition switch auto trans(tib)
87-
88-

I dont think I need to continue research as Im sure it will be the same at this point. Even the data link connectors are the same. THE ONLY difference I have found is the signal and ground wires are reverse for each of the o2 sensors, that will take two minutes to switch under the hood or even at the ecus. Rob, fill me in if im missing anything also feel free to shout out sensors/pins I could be missing and I will find and compare.

Now that is everything I can think of that the ecu runs/reads.... The ecu has several blank terminals in the harness, probably which are most of the blank ones Im listing above.

[Edited by omgbossis21 on Dec 19, 2005 7:35 PM]

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Originally posted by Pussykatt
[body]
pretty sure you gotta repin some stuff. check in the hybrid forums, theres a comparison of the pinouts between the two. if you really wanna do it, let me know cause i can get ecu's for cheep
[/body]
sorry to hijack, but how cheap? im kinda thinking about getting one for a 1.6 accent

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I never looked at it from the ecm point of view, just the harness. Could be the ecm pin outs are the same, you just need to know if the plugs for the sensors are the same. I have not made this harness, just the schematics.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The plugs for the sensors have to be the same if its off the same pins from the ecu. The only difference maybe the two 02 sensors might have different plugs. But if the pins are the same, down to the multiple sharing of grounds I am certain the plugs are the same.

·
Registered
281 Posts
the plugs are the same, i have no doubts about that. repinning isnt hard at all, and if you get it wrong, you could short out sensors as well as the ecu. but since you have the pinouts if your careful then theres no reason you should short anything out. the ecu's are probably gonna be around 65 bucks shipped, but i gotta make sure i can get them. now i was thinking about one other thing. is the 00+ have the X3 style MAF sensor? i know 00+ LC's have diffrent MAF's, as well as 00+ sonata's and sante fe's you would probably be better off using a 97-99 tib ecu. but just let me know exactly what you want and i will make sure i can get it. i'll even double triple check the plugs are the same (ie plug the tibby ecu into an accent harness with the batt out)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah Im interested in one for the 99-01 tib 2.0 manual. I wont have to repin it as the only difference is the o2 sensors output and ground are swapped for each o2 and i can easily take care of that under the hood. If you can check the plugs are the same (which im pretty sure they are) for the ecus please do. Get me exact price shipped to 32810 orlando florida. Thanks alot. What do u mean the 00+ have the same o2 sensor? The 99-01 tib have the same ecu and my 98 accent is currently running a tib maf, tib tb and tib fuel injectors. It would all be such a perfect match ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts