Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not to good with all this i know the basics but thats about it so dont be to hard on me

got a 98 sonata with rebuilt engine just bought it for pretty cheap and i was wondering if any one had any tips on what i could do to it thats farly inexpensive as in 500-700 dollar range open to just about anything

specs
2 liter automatic
(was told it had the same engine in it as an evo i donno)

My goal is to beat a friend of mines mazda 3 he is a serious trash talker
he has a cold intake and thats about it

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Welcome Woot woot. Not a bad car i might add. And you are correct, your 2.0 Sonota is in fact a 4G63 (engine code for similar engine as the Evo) problem is you have the N/A version. but the good news is all you would need are rods and pistons from the 4G63T or turboed engine and you can get just about every aftermarket part they make for that engine as well and in less than $1,000 you can and will kill your friends Maz-bleck 3 (not a fan of the Mazda 3 myself).

Go into the Forced induction forums and get some more detailed expert advice on the matter as I only know very little on that year and car.

Anyway, WELCOME!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks much i was wondering if you had any site you would recomend for me to get the rods and pistons from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts