Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in an AEM cai a month ago other than than the APC muffler everythings stock.
In my 98 FX 2.0
I spanked a mid 90's MX3 in a short run..

I punished an Avenger in a top end race..some punk cruzin up 35w sporting a blue glow under his funny domestic car with an aluminum spoiler came along side me doin bout 70 he was revvin up like he owned and he hit it, hell I hit the gas maybe a full second after him and my tiburon just pulled ahead and beyond (lol with friends in my car I explained to them around 110mph that he was gonna become a distant memory very quickly because his stock avenger was probly starting to cut out as most cars nowadays do around110) I held it out till I got up to about 130 and by that time he was out of sight:Dhaha

Tonight cruzin round StPaul I ran a light to light with a neon and was a couple lengths ahead coming to the light, I treated myself to a big smile:)

I ran another light to light with a civic si and had a little trouble with that one he managed to stay about half a car length in front of me as his blow off valve whisled at my hot car;): it was still fun

I tried to keep up with a 03 Tib gt haha ya right anyways I was very impressed to see how much a tuned tib could jump ahead:paranoid:

ok ok heres my naive race story: I came up to like a 3rd gen RX7 and couldnd even try to keep up, his car seemed like it sprung ahead like a time warp with every boost.finally after he put me in my place he let me catch up to check out his ride...I saw the l.e.d chaser in what probly was an a/f gauge and by that time he was gone again, needless to say I learned very quickly how dumb it was to go up against a rotary "wich was probly a turbo" I dont mind if you take a second to chuckle...

The Shame Story: This will be short cause its embarassing:
I raced a ghey ford probe turbo and lost:disappointed: I want turbo . . . . .

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Uhhhhh yeah....

Well, 3rd gen RX7

and yes they are tuboed

Also, racing to a claimed 130 mph is retarded.
I know the Twin Cities well and the roads there are dangerous. I know of lots of street racing acidents which resulted in death. I also know there isn't jack sh!t out there for tracks so at least take it out to Red Rock. Also, there is secret little spot where very few know about that is like a mini road course in Minnetonka but I am sworn to secrecy.

Be safe

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always try to be as safe as I can even when I am cruizin over 115.
And there are very few roads around the TC that I will drive at those speeds, I have been driving fast long enough to learn my do's and dont's, and my tiburon doesgo faster than 130 and I don't reccommend these speeds for anyone.
Thanx for the read and fead;):

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.,,l,,

[Edited by Lusterburn on Sep 19, 2004 11:26 PM]

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
oh my god.
what's with all these ghey ass post in this forum.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by rubenz
[body]
oh my god.
what's with all these ghey ass post in this forum.
[/body]
Adding to the gheyness?

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
No, but claiming to be driving safely at 115mph is an oxymoron.
And saying it is ok because you know the dos and don'ts is gay.

I am not going to act like I have never done 115mph or faster, because I have.
But I also won't sit here and act like it was safe or I was safely doing it.

If you can tell me that you welded a roll cage in your car, you were wearing a helmet, and a fire suit, and doing it on a closed circuit, I will still tell you it wasn't safe but precautions were taken. But since I know you had NONE of that safety equipment, and you were on a public road, there is no question that safety was never involved nor a concern of yours since zero precautions were taken.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i take it Lusterburn that you have never had a relative killed by someone who thought it was kool to drive at 120mph.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your idiots if your think thousands of people arent doing the same stuff I do every weekend.If crashing is where I end up than call me a statistic, but untill then dont act like your sh** dont stink and you never mess around. Condescending a**holes!

All of the sudden I need to justify myself to some tard who has a computer and a fat head!

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
No, you need to chill the fvck out.
You sir are the idiot.
Thousands of people get murdered in the US every year also, so why don't you grab a gun and kill somebody. Your arguments of other people do it so it is ok for me to do it is week and childish. You say if you kill yourself, we can chalk you as a statistic, but you flatter yourself too much since we could really give a rats ass if you die because of your reckless and childish behavior. In fact, we actually care about the people that don't post here more then we do about some moron that can't chill his/her driving out a little.

Now, quit being a *** about it. Plain and simple, you are wrong so don't give us your week and pathetic attempts to defend yourself.

BTW, the Tib is governed at 125mph so I highly doubt that your tib will gover 130mph especially since you seem to think they have a v4 motor. :hmmm:

·
Registered
243 Posts
ok I am not trying to pick a fight but I ALWAYS drive at the speed limit and I have never been pulled for speeding or the way I drive. When you are on a public road there are other people there and you have a responsibility to drive safely. how would you fell if someone hit you driving at 120....... you wouldn't because you would be DEAD.

but it's up to you how you drive. I just hope if you have an accident that it isn't at 120MPH

1 - 12 of 12 Posts