Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was looking at my car manual and the 99 and 01 are in the same shop book dose that mean i can convert my front end to a 01, kind like those guys do with the nissan front ends do the hole fron hood,fenders,lights,every thing. let me know what you guys think i am going to look at it a little harder. if it is possible i am going to do it, i think that would be hot.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I do not think you can convert them over without a lot of effort. Personally I think it would look silly to do that and a huge waste of money. The basic mechanical components are similar but the body parts are considerably different.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well yeah i would have to get new fenders and stuff like that but what i need to know is if the bolt patern is the same, if it is then they would bolt right up. dose any one have a close up pic of a 99 fender and a 01 fender it would help me
if the core of the front end is the same then it can be done vary easly

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
the front end of a 01 wont work at all so forget it

you can convert it to a 99 to 2000 though

you would need fenders, headlights, turnsignals, hood i think is different, bumper, core support among other things

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there whould be no need to do that the front end is the same on the 99 and 00.
the 99 is on the base as the 01, so if they are on the same base then that would mean that you should be able to do it like the nissan 240sx convertion i am just tring to ask the people that work at the hyundai dealerships to find out or maybe a bodyshop guy or sombody experince inthat field if you have that then ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts