Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off Hi, I am new to this site.My problem is my 99 tiburon idles real rough when I am sitting still.When I turn on any acc. or heat the idle drops even further and it idles like it has a serious cam,not cool!I still have extended warranty on the car and told Hyundia about the problem and they said alt/regulator.So they replaced it and now it seems like it is worse.Any solutions?Can you adjust the idle up on this car without a computer?What is this car supposed to idle at?Any help would be greatly appreceiated.Once I get it running right the mods can start. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Huh. I'm having a weird problem like that. Lately, when I'm sitting and the car is idleing, it'll drop down to nearly 500 rpm and shake, then bop back up, then fall back down again. It's really quite strange. o_O

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with the airfilter. I can do that if you have too little or too much air flow. There is a set amount {by ecu} of how much air flow goes into the throttle body @ idle speed. just a little extra or little less air can choke it out. Thats all i can think of.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Definitely check the idle speed actuator plug and unit. Clean the plug with electrical cleaner and take the two hoses off (inspect the hoses while they are off) and spray some brake cleaner into the holes the hoses attach to. Put back togother and try that....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Definitely check the idle speed actuator plug and unit. Clean the plug with electrical cleaner and take the two hoses off (inspect the hoses while they are off) and spray some brake cleaner into the holes the hoses attach to. Put back togother and try that....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts