Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 99 Tiburon. I love the look of the car and it handles pretty well. i dont know much about cars and I was just wondering what i could do to get more horsepower out of it and get a little more speed.

Thanks to anyone who helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My car is also an automatic so im not sure if that makes a difference or not

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd sugggest starting with bolt ons. Cold air intake, headers, stuff like that... just simple stuff. And the down side about having a automatic is that the take offs won't be as quick as a stick and you won't be able to push the rpms like you would with a stick.... but.... yeah.... if you're looking to race then go with performance stuff.... body kits don't make you go faster keep that in mind...

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you want more power, start with a cold air intake!!!
A performance muffler will help too but I got a performance muffler and didn't do much after getting it installed since it was the airbox that was limiting the most.
The main thing is the factory airbox for Tiburons is very constricted, so the cold air intake will give you cold air, unrestricted, you get better throttle response and more power right away! And if you have or get a performance muffler then it will open up the outflow a bit and you will have more power then.
But whatever you do, dont get one of those exhausts called cherry bombs for 30-40 bucks.
you can also get a high flow filter for your current intake, but I haven't experimented with these, so I would recomend ording a cold air intake, like AEM., their not to hard to install, if you have issues maybe get some friends over one afternoon to help you with the install.

Tach

1 - 5 of 5 Posts