Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have been on here for about a week looking for information on the beta swap. i have hear many different views. i have a 99 accent i bought a 2.0 from an elantra i want to use the accent trans, i know i need the passanger side mount. what else do i need to make it run, ive heard just a flywheel, then again ive heard a flywheel and a clutch, if so what years. then on to wiring will a elantra ecu plug n play or do i need the wiring harness to. is it possible to run the motor with the alpha ecu. someone that really knows the answers please reply.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Does your accent have a SOHC or DOHC motor?

-If it has an sohc than you will need the flywheell for your motor and an 93-95 scoupe turbo clutch.

-depends on what year of elantra engine???

-The passenger side mount you will have to modify or make, the other three I think are on the tranny on a 99 x3, so you will leave them alone.

-Depends on year of elantra ecu??

-You can run the motor on the alpha ecu, but a beta one from a 97-99 tiburon should plug in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the sohc and the elantra engine is a 96 97 98 i cant exactly remember. so ur saying i need a flywheel from the elantra a clutch from a scoupe turbo and a ecu from the tibby

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yes , that flywheel and clutch combo should work. The engine and ecu from those years of elantras should work. Use Hyundai Service Website to figure wiring stuff out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts