Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get an EVOIII front cut and drop everything into the X3?
Would this work?I would rather have the 4G63 instead of a BETA because I have heard(with the BETA) that you can't change any of the belts without pulling out the engine(is this true?)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you keep X3 trans in on stock mounts,how much clearance do you have on passenger(USA)side frame rail?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyway forget the BETA, what about the EVOIII 4G63T,will it fit into a 99 X3?
4G63 should make BIG power.
Has anyone fitted one before?
I've heard it just drops in-well custom mounts and some modifications.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
not much clearence at all on the passenger side... about 5mm's.. it is really tight... might be just enough room to change the belts.. if not might have to remove the passenger mount and drop the one side of the engine a little to make the room for it... but the beta is an almost direct swap..

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The 4g63 would be a tough one to swap in. What motor do you have now? Either the 1.5 or the 1.6 have good potential. The 2.0 can have even greater potential. No matter what engine you put in and what you do it to, their is always going to be one large factor, traction. You will eventually reach a point with any of the motors (even the 1.5) where you just cant do alot more with traction with spending lots of money. If you want "big" power expect to spend "big" money on tires/wheels, springs/struts (maybe coilovers)/axles(you will break them) etc etc Ask yourself what you want, a track car or a fun street car. What kind of power levels and track times do you want.....?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The potential for the 4G63 is un-matched by any Hyundai engine in pwer output and aftermarket performance parts availability.I am aiming for around 400HP.Yes traction will be an issue and larger diameter axles and uprated suspension is all possible.The car will be road registered and set up for drag racing.I'm also thinking about KAAZ or CUSCO LSD,FIDANZA alloy flywheel.If you look at the DSM's in the US you will see that you can get a FWD down the 1/4 with some low ET's.I can't wait to show everyone that a Hyundai can also be fast.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The engine is from a Hyundai Sonata(4G63DOHC) and will be sporting a Hyundai rocker cover.
Rigoli's Accent cannot be classed as a road car and I doubt it it could ever be registered.
But my car may not be the first X3 with the 4G63 but I have not heard of any others(unless someone finishes one before me) but it is not important to me if it's the only one or not-I would like to see other people going down this path so we can share development and show the world just what you can do with a Hyundai.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Quote:kojaxian_neonix

in my personal opinion you can't say it's a fast hyundai unless the motors a hyundai too

This is right if its not hyundai its not a hyundai no point showing wat can be done with hyundai when its realy a mitsubishi.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the entire Hyundai range developed from older mitsubishi parts.
My engine was made by Hyundai and will be built with custom and aftermarket parts.
I CAN SAY it will be a fast Hyundai and I dare say that no-one else has one that will keep up-(or even come close)This thing will do 11's
sorry dude I'm just jealous..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally posted by evoX3
[body]
Well the entire Hyundai range developed from older mitsubishi parts.
My engine was made by Hyundai and will be built with custom and aftermarket parts.
I CAN SAY it will be a fast Hyundai and I dare say that no-one else has one that will keep up-(or even come close)This thing will do 11's
sorry dude I'm just jealous..
[/body]
Well, there was a faster X3 a while back using the sohc 1.5 hyundai engine. The car was called La Pulga, and it was from Puerto Rico. the car ran 9.99. My friends dad knows the owner and he told him that he could not run the car at full throttle because it would just spin the tires. I do not know the specifics because they are very secretive over there, but it had a Haltech and a T3/T4 I believe. I know for a fact it was the 1.5 sohc engine.

[Edited by Mazdero on Jan 12, 2006 12:17 AM]

[Edited by Mazdero on Jan 12, 2006 12:17 AM]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts