Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just got my car back after it was getting an engine put in for a month (long story, read my other posts titled "finally got") well i noticed that when i open my door my dome light will occasionally not come on...it started that i opened the door and it came on than quickly turned back off...if i push the light on manually or push the switch inside the door and let it out it will work. Is this just possibly a loose wire or it possibly getting stuck??

Also my temp gauge is acting funny. When i accelerate my temp goes up but never past the halfway mark which is where it sits normally and when i decelerate (take my foot off the gas) the needle drops down...i noticed that when im pushing in the clutch and the brake (like if im coming to a stop) it doesnt drop or rise but when i take my foot off the brake to accelerate it will drop down than as soon as i give it gas it will rise back up (for example if im shifting gears). To me this sounds like possibly a loose wire or that the petals in some way are touching a wire and causing it to affect the temp needle! Is this possible? or does someone have any ideas?

I dont think its the alternator cuz nothing is loosing power and all the other electrical stuff works fine...plus its a brand new alternator and the shop that I had my car at im sure tested everything else I mean they replaced the battery and cables for christ sakes!! LOL!! Thanx I know this was a long post but I just dont want it to be something too serious...I just replaced the alternator and I know how expensive they can be!!:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Kinda sounds like a bad/loose ground some where.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wilburisthecoolest said:
You know i can look at that when you come down. everyone has told you its lust a loose connetion...
I know but i still wanna get other peoples inputs!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
It sounds like a bad connection at the temperature sensor to me. The engine moves and the connection changes.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rocconi said:
It sounds like a bad connection at the temperature sensor to me. The engine moves and the connection changes.
so its (temp sensor) is probably just loose and needs to be plugged in all the way!?!? that sounds easy enough ill let you guys know what happens!:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
This is why floyd said to bring your car down and he and wilbur will go through it and tighten and check everything.. if you bring down here they could do it in the garage where its dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts