Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just registered cuz I have a few questions that I ve been wondering about. I have a 4g64 7 bolt engine with auto tranny on it - dont like it, and Im going to swap the head from 1G or 2G 4g63 eclipse, but unfortunately these are hard to find these days. I found elantras with 4g63 engine and I was wondering if the engine comes with the bigger 1G intake and exhaust ports or the smaller 2G.

Also, I see the DOHC head is mounted on 1.6L, 1.8L and 2.0L huydais - accents or elantras. What crank do these come with 6bolt or 7 bolt, cuz I know that the 6 bolt trannies dont bolt to the 7 bolt. And does anyone know if any huynday tranny fits my 4g64.

10x in advance

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm sorry...

Are you being completely serious? The 4G63 heads are a dime a dozen, you're just not looking in the right places. There are a lot of sites where you can find them. DSMtuners is one of the biggest DSM communities and they can most definitely point you in the right direction.

The Elantras with the 4G63 engines in it are hybrid swaps... They don't come in stock, but the engines are really similar in size and positioning so its an easy swap. Almost as easy as swapping in a Evo 4G63 into a Mirage.

Howie~

P.S. You'll do fine with the auto tranny, just look into getting a shift kit, and a high stall torque converter. If you're looking to keep yoru car street, 3400 would be a good rating for it. The 7 bolt 4G63 isn't too bad, only 5% of the engines made are subject to the "crankwalk" syndrome, and since you're running a 4G64 block, you dont' really have to worry about it. Might as well look into getting the stroker kit as well.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
mko said:
Also, I see the DOHC head is mounted on 1.6L, 1.8L and 2.0L huydais - accents or elantras.
Um, I don't have any of those engines, but I was under the impression that the DOHC 1.6 head was not compatible with blocks for the 1.8 and 2.0. And the 1.8 and 2.0 heads wern't compatible with 1.6 blocks.

I'm just saying this because I want it on record for anyonbe searching, not because I think you'd put the wrong head on the wrong block. And no, I'm not being sarcastic.:)

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
i heard they where using the hyundai heads on the 4g6x. due to the hyundai head is a tad thicker, they have been trying it out. i used to be into dsm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts