Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The machinery shop which building my engine /w pauter and wisecos called today and asked me if I wanted him to fit oil jets to the engine block in order to inject oil directly to the piston connection with rod. He said $400 for it and I'm not sure if I need this or not. Can you please tell me what to do here? 400 it's a lot for some jets..

·
Registered
686 Posts
what are the benefits? better lubrication, lower temps, longer lasting parts? is it really that much more efficient over stock?

·
Registered
435 Posts
you'll be fine without them.... but its your money. it would help keep the wrist pin, and piston cooler

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I know that the MINI Cooper S has them stock for that same reason, longer lasting engine parts and keep piston and wrist pins cooler.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I thought that it would be better with them fitted but I think that this creep wants another 400 and I don't trust any kind of mechanic here... Nah... forget it I keep my money for the port polish& valve job..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah I thought that it would be better with them fitted but I think that this creep wants another 400 and I don't trust any kind of mechanic here... Nah... forget it I keep my money for the port polish& valve job..
not that he wants your money, every engine builder thinks differently. Piston cooling nozzles (is what they're actual term is, surprised he didnt say that to you instead of 'oil jets') are really beneficial in certain applications, especially floating wrist pins and extreme power situations. For an application like this IMO it is a waste of money. With Piston Cooling Nozzles you get added windage in the engine, so you have to take extra time and cost there to make a windage tray/crank scraper to make the setup more efficient IMO.

So all in all no dont bother with them :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts