Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note on possible front barke upgrade on Accents.

I just completed a front upgrade on my 2001 GSI. I used original Accent hubs (to keep 4x100 bolt pattern) pressed into 2000 Elantra/Tiburon knuckles. I used the calipers from Elantra/Tiburon, Hawk HP pads and rotors from 2001 Kia Sephia. The Kia rotors are almost dimensionally identical to Tibby rotors but have the 4x100 bolt pattern - the holes for the mounting screws even line up with the Accent hub. The only custom piece that I needed was to have a 1mm thick shim laser cut. This shim sits between the hub and the rotor as the Accent hub (at the mounting face) is not as thick as the Tibby or Kia and doesn't give enough clearance between the caliper and rotor. Also, added SS braided hoses front and rear.

Cheers
Bill
what do you guys thing of this

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello any one can post more info on this

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
You did it already? That sounds easier then someof the other brake swaps.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i did not try yet but i need more info from yosh but i cant contac him

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
after calling my dealer and asking all accent 05 (x3,lc,lc2) and elantra\tiburon
(rd,rd2) 2000 and below use the same wheel baring. but elantra 2001 and up use a diffent baring to u still thing the accent hub will fit in the xd baring????

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I did this upgrade. Grabbed some spindles from an 06 gls elantra. Bolted right up. The cam is out pretty good.
Besides that its a straight swap. It comes with 114 bolt pattern, my rims will do 4x100 and 4x114.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did this upgrade. Grabbed some spindles from an 06 gls elantra. Bolted right up. The cam is out pretty good.
Besides that its a straight swap. It comes with 114 bolt pattern, my rims will do 4x100 and 4x114.
will i dont want 4x114 i just got my mag and they are only 4x100 so i am not looking to change my mags

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Then change the hub and have the rotors re drilled.
ya that want i want to do, but i am not sure if a accent hub will fit in a 2003 xd bearing. the xd bearing is not the same as the accent

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
what if i just get an 99-01 Tiburon spindle, hub and rotor caliper? would the spindle fit the Accent axel?

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks for this helpful post

this model of Tiburon 99-01 is not available in my country
can i take the parts from Elantra 2001-2006 ?
as i understood i have to get parts ( Knuckle - Dust cover - Hub - rotor & callper )
and replace them with my LC2 parts with out modifications am i right ?

sorry for my english
and thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
after calling my dealer and asking all accent 05 (x3,lc,lc2) and elantratiburon
(rd,rd2) 2000 and below use the same wheel baring. but elantra 2001 and up use a diffent baring to u still thing the accent hub will fit in the xd baring????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts