Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of studying the other night, so I decided to do a quick sketch of my X3 since it's been a while since I've been able to actually work on her with all of my school projects and whatnot. Evofusion facia, evo style hood, shortened antenna, and I tried to make it look like it's running some beefy tires. I threw on some tape across the headlights since it's going to be an actual racing/autocross car, lol. It's supposed to be close to what I'd eventually like to have someday. Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
not bad looking but the color is a little bland wouldn't you say:lol:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
VERY NICE! I tried posting earlier, but it wouldn't let me :( But it did now, so again, VERY NICE!

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Too many vents on the hood. Stick with either the inverted vents, or the hood scoop, but not both. Also, why do your lights have X's on them? :ermm:

Also, if you're going to have a roll call on your hood like that, with all the company names....to clean up the look some, make the stickers a darker color than your paint. If you have a dark colored paint job, then make the stickers a little lighter the paint color. It will have a cleaner look than just taking regular white stickers or what and making a roll call.

Just my 2 cents. ;):

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the X's are on the lights just cause I've seen it on many cars that do autocross or road racing. I was just screwin' around and decided to toss them on there, lol. :rambo:

As for the hood, yeah, I definitely agree with you, Visionz. I wanted it to resemble the newer evo hood but I completely forgot that the center vent is MUCH smaller. After thinking about it, I think I'm eventually going to go with more of a subaru style hood. Would probably be a little easier to do with less cutting and whatnot, plus I'd have the added advantage of less water getting in when parked. I think it would also go more with the body styling of the X3 since it KINDA has a shape reminiscent of the old GC8 coupes.

Paint is red, and if I ever got a repaint (which I probably will after college since my paint is starting to fade and chip in some areas) it's going to stay red, probably the same red that the newer WRXs come in.

To be different, the decals are going to be a reflective blue and pretty small. Probably not on the hood, but just under the side moldings near the front of each door. I don't think it would be too ricey if properly and tastefully done. I got the idea after seeing a red S14 silvia on a best motoring video that had chrome blue decals, didn't look to bad. Thanks for everyone's comments, feel free to keep the coming! I'm going to try to attempt a revision later this week if I have time, I never know... :ermm:

[Edited by DynastyAccent on Dec 7, 2005 12:09 PM]

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
the X's are to keep cracked/broken headlights from falling out and all over the course/track.

looks pretty good, but definitely pick one vent type or the other ;)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the subie look would be much cleaner I think. Tonight is the night, it's snowing like hell, there's nothing to do, so I'm gonna do a revision. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Snowing like hell and nothing to do? Wow, I've had those words cross my mouth before LOL. Man get out there and play in the snow with the Accent.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately, my Accent is sitting in my driveway back home in Milwaukee, without any engine or interior, covered with about a foot of snow... I'm going to clear out the garage tomorrow when I get back so I can move her in there. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it more then. It'd be really nice if this snow stopped over break so I could work on her outside (better lighting while $hity lighting in the garage), but I'm not sure if that's gonna happen. :ermm:

I promised you guys a revision by the end of the night, and I'm not someone that goes back on his word. I'm still not as happy with it as I could be, mostly because my artistic skills aren't on the same level with most other of my friends, but I try... This definitely isn't going to be the last I do, the next ones will probably be from the side and at angles. But enough talk, here's the latest:

That's with the WRX style hood. I found a "crescent style" vent on a website that I thought looked pretty good sitting in front of it, so I added that as well. I think it looks a lot better than the old hood. What do you guys think?

[Edited by DynastyAccent on Dec 8, 2005 8:49 PM]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Oh sorry I didn't realize you have the car off the road. I guess that's a logical reason not to go out driving LOL. Anyway it looks good, that front vent is what they use on the rally cars in the WRC and in the U.S/Canada teams. I would move those fog lights into the centre instead of on the sides like you have them.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
!!!:lol:!!!

That's actually the first gift I've gotten so far, lol. Excellent... Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts