Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some of you know that rear disc's on a LC are hard to come by..

but the drum's can easily be converted to disc if you know a car that has the same wheel bolt pattern and hub bolt pattern..

what i'm trying to do is get a pair of rear hub's and disc's and caliper set from a 2007 MC accent..

since the LC and MC have the same bolt pattern..i'm gonna work something out..

i work at auto repair place and have a bunch of old hub's and civic rotors at disposal..i'm gonna try to experiment it with my accent.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have waiting in my garage a pair of rotors, calipers, hubs and unfinished caliper brackets. They are off a 2001 Tiburon. The bracket will be a copy of this.

I have the basic shape cut out and holes marked. I just need someone to cut out the big hole with the lip in it to fit the spindles. Luckily my bro-in-law has a good friend that started machinist's school about 2 months ago and has agreed to do it for me. Hopefully they will be done in the next month or so.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If you are going to the trouble of modifying the current break set up why not just swap your hubs to a 4x114 set...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
737 Posts
your still going to have trouble with an e-brake

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Andy,this swap has been done by many people, no reports of problems with the ebrake. What have you heard that I need to know? Also it should be noted that I will be swapping the e-brake cables that I got from the tibby. Scythe, the rear hubs off the tibby are 4x114 that I am using. Just haven't looked into seeing if the front fits as well as the back so I can be 4-114 all the way around.

·
Registered
715 Posts
DREROB said:
Just haven't looked into seeing if the front fits as well as the back so I can be 4-114 all the way around.
Yes they do fit I have them on the front of both my LC's you'll need an alignment they give you crazy toe out.

·
Registered
492 Posts
the caliper brackets look good. nice work

·
Registered
463 Posts
i like my brakes... they work! lol

·
Registered
737 Posts
tiburon e-brake cables won't be the same length as the accent ones, i'd say use the accent ones but you have to hook them up to calipers now which I doubt will pop right on, and i'm not sure how the rear brake lines are going to work out since you have a hard line going to the wheel cylinders now and if the rears are like the fronts on the tiburons you will have a banjo bolt connection.

worst case scenario on the e-brake cables is you just go without and remember to keep your car in gear.

either way good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts