Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says, I'm getting it done for $650 including 3 extra new belts. Does that seem about right? I called around and that's about where it fell everywhere, including the dealer. About $600 for just the 60k mile service. I'm waaaaay to lazy to do the timing belt myself, and by the time I pay for that I might as well just have them do the rest because it was only like $200 more.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Sounds about right...

If you have a stick, get the gearbox fluid changed out. You might also want to consider replacing the brake fluid as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yeah definitely but brake fluid should be done every 48,oookm/30,000mi. And yeah that service sounds about right.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, they did the full service, everything recommended. But somehow they fvcked up the timing belt tensioner bearing in the process (we think that's what it is, shop and I agree) and now it makes a pretty serious almost supercharger whine like squeal. I'm taking the car in Monday morning and they are going to change it out for just the cost of parts seems how they admit to messing up. They agree that even if it wasn't something they screwed up they should have verified it was in good condition when they were in there already. Hope the bearing doesn't go out in the meantime. I've got to drive it around a bit this weekend too.

Does anyone make a gear drive conversion for the Alpha? I suppose not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts