Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know if you guys have any pictures on how to remove / install new speakers, something similar to the pictures of the installation/ removal of the inner console, that helped out a lot, if not then just tell me what needs to be done, i have manual windows and i don't want to break that knob, so im waiting for info on how to remove it without breaking anything, any help is appreciated thank you

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody????, both of my speakers blew on the front door, so i want to replace them without damaging the car.... someone please tell me how to get that winshield lever off the door thank you

·
Registered
978 Posts
You would use a clip remover. There is a spring that holds it on, once you get ift off you will see what that means. Get someone around you that is familiar with this, or you risk damaging your door.

Other then that you just remove the sailpane by prying it out, it's held in with clips, then remove the two screws on the bottom of the door, the three screws that are on the front of the door, and the two on the back, then the one in the door handle, and the one on the handle. Once those are off it will come out real easy, then be careful when putting it back on, that's all.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool, anyone know the size of the front and rear speakers? i hope they are both 6.5's, thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
do you have the top sound package or just the standard?

wait...now that I think about it, I don't think it matters what package you have...i think (i could be wrong, i can't remember, for sure) that the front's are 5.5" and the backs are 6.5"..but then again the sizes may differ b/w LC & LC2...dang i'm not helping, am i.

[Edited by attist178 on Nov 19, 2005 10:13 PM]

·
Registered
270 Posts
Don't know about LC or LC2 but the X3 has 4.5" speakers in the doors and 5.25" in the rear. However I think you can get the 5.25" speakers in the doors.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
LC2 is 5.25" all the way around base speakers or upgraded. All the upgrade does is adds tweeters to the sail panels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts