Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized i posted earlier in the wrong section

So i have had my 2005 santa fe for about 1 and a half years or so now. has 21k miles on it and has only had a wierd check engine light issue with a PCV valve (still haven't replaced since the light only stays on for a couple minutes) but thats not the issue right now.

I used my air conditioning the night before and i woke up to it not working. The air doesn't flow at all for AC/Heat or vent. Nothing works, there isn't even a trickle of air flow when driving. Changing all settings doesn't effect anything (internal/external cab, ac on or off, hot/cold... nothing). I did some diagnosis on it and no fuses are bad (inside the cab or engine compartment in the boxes) and when i turn the AC switch on the compressor does start and does the normal harder idle.

When i turn the control from off to vent or ac i hear a click underneath the glove compartment from my limited knowledge i think thats where the blower is? there is a circular black plastic casing where the click is coming from. Are there fuses in that? what do you think the issue is? some kind of diag test i can do to figure out something i need to order?

Also last question i bought my hyundai in the US but now i am in Italy, does the bumper to bumper cover worldwide?

thanks
nick

·
Registered
596 Posts
It could be the blower which is indeed behind the glove box, infact you can see it if you poke your head under the passenger side dash (in the foot well)...

Altho it may not be the blower (although it sounds like it is)...
Remove the glove box and see if the AC/fan speed/circulation control wires are connected to their respective controls...

The click you hear might be one of the control wires bumping against whatever is meant to be holding it...

Goto: Hyundai Service Technology (only works properly with internet explorer)...
Goto the shop section, select you make model and year at teh to from the drop boxes...
It should be in the heating/cooling section...

Here's what they suggest to check for if there is no blower operation:
HTR Fuse
Blower relay
Blower motor
Blower resistor
Blower speed control switch
Wire harness
If any of these are bad you have to replace them...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hm

i can't see the shop section and behind the glove box i believe is nothing related to the blower. i can see there is one connection to the blow from under the dash when i look up there, i have reseated the connection on that and nothing. doesn't even sound like its trying to spin. any clue on a good site to look up blowers for my santa fe? because the site you told me i can't find any parts section or shop section

did some searching and found this
Vision Hyundai Parts

but don't know if my car needs with atc or not

·
Registered
596 Posts
On the HMA site you have to click the service information link to get to where the shop tab is...
Circled in red in the pic below...

HMA is actually the #1 web resource for any DIY relating to Hyundai's...
If you cant find your answer there then you aren't looking had enough...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realized i posted earlier in the wrong section

So i have had my 2005 santa fe for about 1 and a half years or so now. has 21k miles on it and has only had a wierd check engine light issue with a PCV valve (still haven't replaced since the light only stays on for a couple minutes) but thats not the issue right now.

I used my air conditioning the night before and i woke up to it not working. The air doesn't flow at all for AC/Heat or vent. Nothing works, there isn't even a trickle of air flow when driving. Changing all settings doesn't effect anything (internal/external cab, ac on or off, hot/cold... nothing). I did some diagnosis on it and no fuses are bad (inside the cab or engine compartment in the boxes) and when i turn the AC switch on the compressor does start and does the normal harder idle.

When i turn the control from off to vent or ac i hear a click underneath the glove compartment from my limited knowledge i think thats where the blower is? there is a circular black plastic casing where the click is coming from. Are there fuses in that? what do you think the issue is? some kind of diag test i can do to figure out something i need to order?

Also last question i bought my hyundai in the US but now i am in Italy, does the bumper to bumper cover worldwide?

thanks
nick
I'm having the exact same issue with same vehicle, and after replacingthe blower motor and resister and checking fuses...did you ever figure out the problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts