Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to upgrade my plugs and wires and thought I would do a little digging. Knowing that I wouldn't find anything for the 1.6L I set out to find a suitable replacement wire and maybe rebuild the wires with the stock boots.

While I was at work tonight (I work at a part store) and was looking at the Accel products that we carry and was looking at the custom fit 8.8mm Accel wires and compared them to the stock replacements for the 1.6L.

It would seem doable to rebuild, but a lot of work and no chance of redeeming myself if it didn't work. As a fluke as came across the 300+ wires for the honda D16 and right away I noticed a very close comparison.

the length of the boot was the same
the width of the boot was the same
the diameter of the boot seal was very close if not the same
the only difference that I noticed was the spark plug connector in the Accel boot was closer to the end of the boot, but not by much.

So I guess my question is, has anybody ever used a honda wire on Accents 1.6L? or am I going to be the guinea pig to test it out?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OKAY, so I was at work today and decided to do some "product testing" and tried the honda wires on my Accent and..... it worked. they fit the spark plug tubes and sealed around the top and there was noticable difference in the engine response. I was quite satisfied. and I am now ordering a set. Accel part # 7913 and depending on the colour Y, R, or B and now the legal disclaimer; (results may very, I am not saying to do this, it's just my findings for use in my own Accent) :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts