Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been viewing these forums for about 4 months and just registered tonight because I need some help...I have a 96 Accent 1.5 sohc, I have a Accel Super Stock performance coil...Is there anyway I can use this coil? If so please explain.

Thanks. :dead:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I don't know anything about the older Accents...sorry. But do you mean coilovers?? Maybe not though, I'm kinda slow...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Im not sure if their is anyway to use that. I've been wanting to upgrade my spark system as well. Sorry I couldnt be of help...

·
Registered
978 Posts
If your car has a distributor, then yes

if your car does not, then no

there is a definitive answer

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by meee2yo
[body]
If your car has a distributor, then yes

if your car does not, then no

there is a definitive answer
[/body]
You mean coil, right? Bc it is a Accel coil that i bought and my car has coils. I was wondering if maybe i have to have 4 of the performance coils...???

·
Registered
842 Posts
x3 has two coil packs. no distributor. from what i believe, on an 80's turbo dodge for example, the power would run to the coil (this super coil) then to the distributor. it's like an amplifier. our cars have two packs with two in it. not likely to be an easy install if you could get it to work. and like you said, you may need 4, where traditionally on the turbo dodge, you would only need one.

coil -> distributor (chooses which cylinder to fire) -> wires - > plugs

vs

coil pack (chooses which cylinder to fire) - > wires - > plugs

·
Registered
978 Posts
basically, you do not have a Distributor, so you have a multi coil ignition, or a distributorless ignition, it will not work.

if you had a distributor, then it would work just fine with some hacking on the wiring.

sell it on ebay.

Jacobs makes an ignition that works on our cars. but replacing it with 4 of those coils that you have would not really make any sense and would be a major pain in the butt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys :lol: I guess i will be selling it to a friend... I picked it up for free, so i guess it was worth a try. Thanks for the help :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts