1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy guys,

I am new here! :)

Let me introduce my 2000 LC1 Accent.

It was 1.5 DOHC 16V 102HP but it was not long the “stock” car.

At first I put on lower springs (30mm) and 15” Fundmetal wheels with 195/45R15 Kumho Ecsta supra tires.

This is how he look like on rally (driven like pre car, not racing)

After that I put 1.8 Beta engine in it from Elantra, front strut bar, rear strut bar, and brakes (front) from Coupe RD.

I was thinking about body kit and my wish was WRC look, but at that time I didn’t have horsepower for that kind of body kit. I prefer performance and HP, and with that body kit and 18” wheels it would be show car… that is not what I was looking for.

So I put this body kit on it…

I didn’t like the back of the car… it looked…. strange to me…

So I made, a clean back hood and new rear bumper… I thinked that white wheels and two exhaust pipes would look nice so this was result

And one nice picture from that time! :)

… to be continued… :)

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Very nice car! If you get the chance, check out Hyundai Aftermarket.org. There are A TON of Beta swapped Accents owners over there. They could give you alot of help and info for your car. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to put here all topic and pictures but that all is too big (52 pictures) so I separated it in to 5 replays! :)

This is just the beginning of story :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Very nice car! If you get the chance, check out Hyundai Aftermarket.org. There are A TON of Beta swapped Accents owners over there. They could give you alot of help and info for your car. :)
i must say :D:D:D

2Vizions: Maverick and his family swaped about hoh...20 Hyundais and made a few turbo ones like:
1.3T
1.5Sohc T
1.5Dohc T
1.8T
2.0T (few of them)

He is just being very modest. He didnt say that this Accent was made for high RPMs and that it was going 260km/h...

...but you will see the story. After mine this is the best Accent in Croatia :D

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
i must say :D:D:D

2Vizions: Maverick and his family swaped about hoh...20 Hyundais and made a few turbo ones like:
1.3T
1.5Sohc T
1.5Dohc T
1.8T
2.0T (few of them)

He is just being very modest. He didnt say that this Accent was made for high RPMs and that it was going 260km/h...

...but you will see the story. After mine this is the best Accent in Croatia :D
Thats awesome! The members on HA.org will love him then with all his knowledge. :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a second part! :)

Like always I want more HP so logic way was turbo upgrade. In Croatia it was first turbo Hyundai and I didn’t know what and how to do… so I made a low cost turbo kit from used parts…
Turbo was from Galloper, IC from Fiat Tempra diesel, Exhaust manifold from Elantra just modified, Walbro 255, FPR, Unichip PB and 440cc injectors… that was first setup…

It didn’t look nice but it was working! :) I was running 8psi of boost and it was 165whp (198HP)! :)

I was driving few mounts without any problem… and than I had a turbo failure… nothing unsuspected because it was an old turbo… so I think… let do this time everything right! :)

… to be continued… :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered OBX Exhaust manifold, XS Power T3 turbo, external wastegate and put everything together again!

Old part… new part :)

When it was on dyno it looked like this :)

I was having problems (they didn’t retard the ignition) so it was bye, bye for stock pistons… :(

logic ting was turbo pistons for Beta… and I buy Wiseco turbo pistons…

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
… and metal head gasket (2,2 mm)

They tuned it on 1bar (16 psi) and it delivered 240 whp (288 HP) and I was really happy :) … but not for long… :( my XS turbo brake down for about 1 mile?! after I took the car from dyno…

Here we go again…

Then I ordered Garrett T3 turbo, made new bigger exhaust, new IC, done the body paint, new front bumper, bad look front hood, 17” wheels…
Let the pictures tell the story :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I am currently running 1 bar (16 psi) of boost and with well retarded ignition I have 220whp (264 HP) and 357 Nm.

With G-Tech I have 6,1 sec (0-60 mph)

I have little adjustments to do but I think that is all for now! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts