Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi someone can help me,on my starter there is 3 wire,one for possitive and two other one from the engine block and the other one is the ground,but the one from engine block is cut so it is not connect to starter,so my car won't start,what i have to do????????:confused:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Replace the cut line? Just going out on a limb here...

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is the small black wire right? If this is the correct wire read on, if not, I appologise.

This wire is the trigger wire that activates the starter relay to start the car.

Do you have the end that attaches to the starter? The end you are missing is the female section of a blade style plug.

If you do, you could do a crimp-on butt splice or if you feel fancy enough, you could solder it on and then put on some heat shrink tubing to insulate the solder joint.

If you do not have the end, I would suggest that you put on a crimp-on style female blade connector on the wire.

I have attached a pic of this style of connector I am talking about. It is circled in black.

The only last option i see if those dont work is getting a replacement from a auto parts store or dealership.

Hope this helps.

Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's not just another grouind from engine block to the starter?if i connect the cut line to car chassis it will work???or i really need to plug it back to my starter?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ill check mine tonight after work. Ill disconnect the wire and see if it starts.

To the best of my knowledge it is the signal wire not a ground. If you disconnect/cut it the car will not start.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm sure youre right about it,that's my problem,the wire is cut really short...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I disconnected the small wire last night and tried to start the car. It did not start. You do need that wire.

See if you can take some pics, that would help to see if you can splice some wire to make it longer.

What Hyundai might be doing is getting +12V for the starter coil through the positive wire from the battery all the time and completing the ground circuit through the key switch in the column when you start the car. (Hope that makes sense)

That would explain why the wire looks like a gound. I did not think of that last night, or I would of checked it with my voltmeter.

Good luck

Dean

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you very much for your help it's very appreciate

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your welcome. That is why we are all here. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts