Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 1999 hyundai accent hatchback usa model.My cars have stock wheel it's 12 inch:(.i want to know if someone can tell me whats the bigger size of mag i can put with low profile tire??or can i put stock elantra or tiburon mag wheel on it with low profile tire if yes wich years?accent wheel is a 4 nuts .

thank you very much to look at it:cool:

·
Registered
354 Posts
you should be able to put 15's on it with 195/50-15 tire or 16's with 205/45-16 tire or 17's with 205/40-17 tire...i would go with 15's tho it would fit the car best...or 16's

·
Registered
63 Posts
just some suggestions:

- 205 wide tires look the best, but you risk some minor wheel rubbing on the rear fender lip,

- 205 wide street tires are available in the proper size in 13" and 15" (but not 14")

- if you use a low profile tire...like 205x50x15... you'll have to lower the car (eibach springs) to keep the wheel gap in proportion

- i'd suggest buying some cheap new aftermarket wheels, rather than used elantra or tiburon wheels. i've been shopping Free Kijiji Canada Classifieds | Free Ads | Petites Annonces Gratuites for the last few months for some used wheels and tires, and people usually expect way too much for used stuff

·
Registered
354 Posts
actually you should not have to lower your car when you get low profile tires if theyre the right size it sould be the same diameter as the stock ones...

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
15's and 16's fit the best, look the best, and generally perform the best. 17's fit also. With work you can fit 18's but I've been there and done that and can't recommend it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
actually you should not have to lower your car when you get low profile tires if theyre the right size it sould be the same diameter as the stock ones...
you're right. in absolute terms nothing has changed.

but the proportions have changed. if a car has new low profile tires (thinner sidewalls), the original black wheel gap will look bigger than before. the car will look like its been raised (though it hasnt)

its a visual thing, not functional.

edit: the hard sell version :)

Modern Tire Dealer - Performance Hand Book

1 - 7 of 7 Posts