Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno about your accents or whatever but mine understeered.. well i needed new tires and could only get 2.. and of course they went on the froun. Now its handleing is alot better with good tires on frount and crappy ones on back. Why is this? Letting backend slip alil or something?

<hr noshade width=60% size=1 align=left>WytchDctr
1.6 DOHC 16v
5-speed
www.geocities.com/accentpage

·
Registered
152 Posts
It should be because the rear tires slip more than the front, resulting in a little oversteer, which could give you the fell of a more compensated balance. Though, I don't think it's save, because that little oversteer could turn into a sudden loss of control under heavy cornering. If you had sport springs, the feeling should be more equilibrated, and then it wouldn't feel comfortable to have crappy tires on the back.

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>Zman

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actuallly i am not getting any oversteer.. its pretty balanced. The back tires are not bald or anything... just worn more than the frount. Still more than 2/32 of an inch. Sence i have had the better front tires i can take turns faster with out getting that understeering push that threatens to put me in the ditch. Haven't gone sideways yet.

<hr width=60% noshade size=1 align=left>WytchDctr
1.6 DOHC 16v
5-speed
www.geocities.com/accentpage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts