Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Aight i looked down on another thread about my problem and im an idiot thinking i could take the sensor out, ill have to tig a mounting plate on the system when it comes down to it apparently. but any ways im down in belleville and travel down to toronto alot any one have any number's around where i live or in toronto that i could contact about getting a kit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
黄河石柴油机配件厂是一家领先的制造商之一
发动机零部件,特别是柴油燃油喷射系统
更换配件,如喷油嘴,柱塞和,
交付阀等在中国南部。
欲了解更多详情请访问我们的网站:[网址= http://www.yellowstonediesel.com]喷嘴,elment,柱塞,注射,柴油机燃油喷射,备件[/网址]
[网址= http://www.dieselinjection.cn]喷嘴,elment,柱塞,注射,柴油机燃油喷射,备件[/网址]
黄河石柴油机配件厂始建于1997.Over多年来,
黄河石不断成长,并赢得了声誉生产
高品质的产品和提供他们的时间。

·
Registered
64 Posts
Going to replace my eBay shorty....

Old thread, but I'm sure newcomers are scratching their heads wondering how to assemble or even find an aftermarket'ish intake for their vehicle without paying out the cornhole.

Spectre [SpectrePerformance.com and SFXPerformance.com]:
9404 4"L 3"OD x1 $11.00
9419 6"L 3"OD x1 $11.00
9499 90D 3" OD x1 $25.00
8771 3" Coupler/Reducer x3 $15.00
9789 Headlight Funnel x1 $6.00
9751 Air Tube Ducting x1 $26.00
8147 Intake Duct Filter Adapter x1 $5.00
8701 Intake Mounting Kit x2 $10.00

Universal [eBay and Home Depot]:
7"D x 5.5"H Intake Heat Shield x1 $15.00
T-Bolt Clamps x6 $8.00
FernCo 3" ProFlex Shielded Coupling x2 $6.00

The plan is a completely straight pipe, 4" from the TB, 90 degree, then the 6", filter with shield, duct adapter, ducting to the left fog-light area and headlight funnel.
The filter will sit in the general area left [from the driver's perspective] of the radiator fan where the first piece of the stock intake would sit.

:eek: TIP: I found out that the Spectre Air Intake Mounting Kit sleeves thread PERFECTLY onto the bolts that are sticking up from the stock intake. I'll anchor a piece to the PVC coupler underneath then screw the two pieces together. This will provide a holding/bracket from underneath to prevent sagging.

These Spectre tube sections will give me a greater array of options, like if I wanted to the filter to end somewhere behind lower grill, or even Y it out and add a second filter with a shield back up in the engine bay.

I had a disgusting amount of Bing Cashback and eBay Bucks....and some time [like 2 weeks] until my first son is born, so PROJECT TIME!
Pictures will be posted afterwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So been doing a lot of research and still i am uncertain of which intake will be best for my (2001 accent 1.5L manual) LOOKING for more acceleration and possibly better mpg). but Should i just go with a K&N cai like this (http://www.knfilters.com/images/l/57-0520.jpg ) for $140? or buy cosmo intake since its actually a metal pipe and possibly put a k&n cone filter. please help VERY NEW to this!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Has anybody done a back to back test of various types of intakes along with mpg and dyno differences? Just wondering if I can get some concrete data to look at somewhere...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have an 02 accent 1.6 and i just recently bought an ebay short ram. ive noticed the difference, the engine "growls" between the low rpms maybe about 2000-4000, but if you hit the pedal to the floor it'll "growl" all the way to redline. the acceleration is a little better and that roar from the engine is deeper, i havent got to test out the mpg yet but i will and i'll post my results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Other CAI mods

New to the Forum and just bought a 2005 Accent 1.6 5spd manual and wanted to do some upgrades.
Has anyone ever modified the stock airbox and installed a K&N air filter?

Here in CA, part of our smog inspection is that we have our OEM airbox. I had a 94 Ford Ranger 4.0 where I modified the airbox by drilling holes in the bottom. The K&N air filter made a differenece, but the holes in the air box really did the trick. It allowed the air to enter the airbox from the engine compartment freely and without restriction. The holes on the bottom also allowed for dirt and water to fall back through.

I calculated that three 1.750 inch holes or 16 .750 holes would equal the same area as a 3" pipe.
I just need to try it out. If it does not work, I can always plug them up.
What do you think?

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I think this thread is full of FAIL! LOL! You drive an Accent (yup, I do too!). Leave it at that. A fancy filter or a CAI/WAI isn't going to do much. It sounds nice, that's it. The power increase it gives is so minimal that you can't feel it. And someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a CAI/WAI actually HURTS gas mileage. I have a short ram intake on my car, it's sounds nice, that's it.

BTW- Not too sure if you've thought about this TJEGun05. When you go for your smog test, install the OEM air box. AFTER the smog test, go home and take it off. WOW!

pic to make this thread a little more entertaining:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/fartrhino615/****ing%20Funny/courage.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
pas1216 - I keep hearing that a CAI/WAI will not make much difference, but my thought is that every little bit helps. If the CAI/WAI makes no difference, then why is everyone doing it and why would it be considered a performance upgrade? Are you doing it just because it looks good?

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
pas1216 - I keep hearing that a CAI/WAI will not make much difference, but my thought is that every little bit helps. If the CAI/WAI makes no difference, then why is everyone doing it and why would it be considered a performance upgrade? Are you doing it just because it looks good?

a CAI is usually the first mod anyone does. Easy and cheap to do. The sound it makes is just a bonus. So people come on here and expect to gain 5 or 10 HP on a CAI (e-bay listing claims), not gonna happen. Like I said, you might gain a small amount of power, but you will never feel it. Just remember, it's an accent, no mod is going to make it go fast short of a Beta swap.

To be honest, I would love to see a stock accent on a dyno, then the same stock accent with a CAI and see what the difference is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
pas1216, OK, so I am new to this and I know that the performance that is writen on the net I will never see. Maybe I will not even see the increase I did with my 4.0L ranger, but there is something, maybe just not noticable.
What is a beta swap. It sounds like a engine swap.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
yes a beta swap is an engine swap using a 2.0L engine from a tiburon or elantra (search the forum, there are LOTS of threads about it). The 1.6 in the Accent can't handle very much boost (5 psi?) and bolt-on power adders are pretty much non-existent so doing the beta swap is about the only way you can make any REAL power.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Found a pic of Zero and his "wife"

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
^^ Couldn't get her to put out? LOL!

121 - 140 of 143 Posts