Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went to a Honda guy who was selling lip kits for civics and integras and can also install it. The dude posted an add for cheap civic lip kits so I said why not check it out and see if any of those will fit my LC accent. I notified the guy ahead of time about how I do not have a honda. He was cool about it and thought it was interesting how I was trying it out. Every civic, integra, even 350z lip I gave a try to see if I there is a possibility of custom fitting it to the LC. Only one of it came close I think he said it was a 96 civic type r front lip but it would leave a gap in the middle cause it needs to be cut in the middle so it can wrap around the whole bottom part of the front bumper. The other thing was on both sides even when if it was trimmed it would still leave small gaps on sides of the front bumper. Cause the LC front bumper has a unique and odd shape to it compared to civics. I am sure someone else has tried to do this before. Did any of you guys make found a way to make it work? So yeah no luck with trying to custom fit civic or integra front lip.but...

I did get an email back from Evofusion about front lips on LCs & LC2s and also the underdrive pulley. I emailed them about 2 1/2 wks ago. I was surprised they replied back. They said that there is not enough interest in them. So there are no big plans in making lip kits for us accent owners. They are working on a 4dr LC body kit. Too bad my LC is not 4dr then I could volunteer my car. No reply on the underdrive pulley. But if any of you guys with 2dr LCs or LC2s want a lip kit or at the very least a front lip on your car email EVofusion so they can see a demand, if any. Also any 4dr LC owners in SD they are looking for a car so they can test fit their kit. So no luck there
I guess I will check out talon body styling....

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeah - ive seen a type r lip on a x3 before
has to be chopped a bit, but otherwise it seemed to fit well
imho an x3 looks best with the latter front bumper with lip, rear pods and some simple skirts - nothing too fancy otherwise it ruins the lines

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
As they are the same width, the front and rear should be compatible between 2 and 4 door models. Only the side skirts are a different length, by like 1 or 2 inches.

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but this info may help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts