Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna change my headlights to like the bright cool ones BUT... i took off the back cover and i saw a HELLISH looking thing inside of the lens.. it was my light bulb and like springs and a bunch of other crap SO.... what is the proper way to get those lights out and replace them....???

·
Registered
183 Posts
What do you mean "HELLISH looking thing inside"? I say the proper way to get those out is just to look in your manual. Seeing as you don't mean they were tampered with. All you have to do is take off the dust cover that seals it. There is a little handle that you push down and move to the side to unlatch it. Then the bulb comes out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhh idk ill have my mechanic thing check it out.... ive changed other peoples headlights there easy as hell but mine are like f'd up

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
take a picture and show us what you mean.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I wanna change my headlights to like the bright cool ones BUT... i took off the back cover and i saw a HELLISH looking thing inside of the lens.. it was my light bulb and like springs and a bunch of other crap SO.... what is the proper way to get those lights out and replace them....???
what year i am a tech and have changed probably every kind of headlamp bulb known to man and what is that about a mechanic thing the correct term is automotive technic ian or tech for short

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
what year i am a tech and have changed probably every kind of headlamp bulb known to man and what is that about a mechanic thing the correct term is automotive technic ian or tech for short
Sorry, but mechanic will work just fine for me for the forseeable future. Just like I still have a mailman, firemen come to help when your house is burning down, and stewardesses bring me peanuts on an airplane. To hell with the PC Nazis.

·
Registered
88 Posts
All you have to do is take off the dust cover that seals it. There is a little handle that you push down and move to the side to unlatch it. Then the bulb comes out.
It looks much more involved than it is. It's actually quite easy as he described above ^

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same first reaction when I first saw this. I have always drove Chevys. From 72 Chevelles to many different trucks and suvs from 88-01. I had never changed a bulb with the spring/clip lock on it. It is easy to change if you can read and tie your shoes. Read the manual, it helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts