Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the accent died yet again. i recently had a newer motor put in due to some insurance ****. and well, a belt snapped while driving. the car filled with smoke, and well i pulled over. so i look under the hood to see a snapped belt. im not to happy. my only guess is when the shop that put the new motor in, never changed the belts

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
127 Posts
so are u going to put another alpha motor or a beta motor in it? and personaly i would do the motor swap if i was u, i dont trust other people workin on my car.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Ah you kids and your Beta's....Forget that, just make that place get you a new motor. Aren't they required to make sure the belts are fresh?

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would think so. but the ac compressor froze. and ****ed up the belts. so WTB: a/c compressor

and i am not going to do a beta swap. I have an LS2 stock vette in my garage. i dont need a beta.

im thinking of trading in the car and going upside down on it. its nothing but head aches lately. i want awd or a truck

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
the accent is suffering inferiority complex cause of your C5..hang on the accent and swap the beta in it..you'll be satisfied

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
let's try to avoid the personal attacks..

if you got a dispute with a member, we got the personal message system,

seriously, the fact that the belt snapped isn't the car's nor hyundai's fault, it was an error of judgement by the tech replacing the motor

go back and demand the compensation you're entitled too and don't give up on the lc until you've blown a motor and a couple of tranny's.. and replaced thing's here and there constantly, :D:D

·
Registered
686 Posts
erikgsi, calm down mikey's a cool dude.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess some one is mad at me. lmao. its all good. he said he will replace the ac compressor, and belt. but told me to take care of getting it. that way its cheaper. and im slowly going to turn the accent stock and toss it. there are a few options. i really dont drive it too much right now either. i also own a ford escape, and with the **** weather, im driving that. I also have the company car as well. I would love to do a beta turbo swap, just not on the LC2. i would prefer the LC for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts