Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first: I am dead serious about making good body kit for the LC2, today is my first day here at HPF and I've learned a tremendous deal just by looking around and searching for things on the forums instead of posting "help me find something I'm too lazy to look for".

But alas I fail to find a "how to make a body kit" forum. It is 2 in the morning and the lack of sleep could be getting to me but I need your help. I live in Corvallis Oregon and have the extreme desire to fabricate an Accent LC2 body kit that looks awesome and that will make people say "what the hell was that? That looked AWESOME!!"

Loosely based on this body kit style bumper:

I'd even go so far as to get ride of the grille entirely from the LC2

Sure: "If you want something to look like that just get a Tiburon" you say? well guess what: I want that on my ACCENT LC2! Yea I know I'm stubborn :rolleyes:

I also think using fender flairs would be a good way to widen the body's look like such:

Also by either removing the dip in the hood like the LC's body style shown here:

Or adding a hood scoop like the WRX has, which the Accent so closely emulates:

Being an engineering student with no free time and no sleep I would LOVE to find a way to get our minds together and get this issue fixed! So let the negative comments about how hard this is going to be start flowing in. I'll just ignore those. Hopefully somewhere in there will be helpful information and constructive ideas about this project.

Sincerely
Razion

·
Registered
237 Posts
no negative comments from me. I think it's a great idea. I have a few links to share with you for your idea but I'm at work and they are bookmarked at home. I'll post em up later.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I would think it's not that hard, just time & patience consuming. The easiest way I could think of is to use some of the original bumper (for the placement of mounting holes.) First draw (on paper)what you want your bumper to look like (or use a picture) then Get a junk yard bumper and cut out what doesn't fit the design your going for. Then sand it down get some chicken fencing for general shaping purposes and start the shaping. It don't have to be perfect yet. then get some fibreglass and get to work. right now your main focus should be trying to get the shaping right. I think it should be very time consuming, and a learning process. I didn't see what year you have but if you got one of the newer ones, then I would make a mold of the custom bumper so you can sell them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Foam, lots and lots of foam, secure it to the origional bumper temporarly, then shape it with a knife or sand paper or whatever, then once it's to final shape, cover it with bodyfiller or drywall mud, sand that smooth, cover with gelcoat, then lay up some fiberglass to make a mold, pull the mold, smooth the inside and start making copies to sell. that's my plan for this summer comming.
if you want more info on it, hop on over to the fiberglass fourm, Fiberglass Forums - Powered by vBulletin and do a search for body kitsor wide body builds. there are some amazingly talented guys and gal there. look me up, i'm hyundaiguy on there. building a set of subwoofer boxes to sit in the corners of my trunk between the wheel wels and taillights.

·
Registered
124 Posts
slyderdai, are you a member on FGF?
yeah check out the FG Fourm, it's awesome, the things we can do to make the impossible work in these little cars. there is a guy on there doing a stereo set up in a new accent, like a 07 or an 08. several Tibby installs on there and the body kit ideas are endless

·
Registered
237 Posts
^^^^ Yup same S/N on all the forums I visit. I'm serious with this accent I wanna do the GK tib bumper on my lc. I photochopped it (not the greatest chop just for reference)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts