Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

I just signed up minutes ago, after finding this forum and would like some advice from you more experienced Accent owners. My '99Accent has turned me into some kind of maniac and my friends are afraid to drive with me now.
(they drive Buicks,Chryslers,etc. as we're all retired)It's fun to see my friends sitting in "white faced fear" and starring straight ahead while I take those turnpike and cloverleaf merges at 70kph instead of 35.

Lane changes and passing cars are much more enjoyable now, as the Accent is so nimble and responsive(less blind spots)......my friends make the same sound as my intake ...that "sucking air" sound. Driving a manual tranny again has given me my youth back, and now I too am looking 1/4 mile ahead for cops like the kid (22) down the street with his Tiberon.

QUESTION :
Is there a device I can install somewhere, that will act as a "speed limiter" in 5'th gear to help with my newly acquired speed/fun addiction ?. Would like to have a switch labeled "Performance- Limited", so engine doesn't rev higher than 4000 rpm. Currently engine is turning 2750 rpm at 100 kph (90 km limit in Ontario).

I know this is a "Performance" forum,but I would like to keep my license and enjoy suspension performance instead. Before summer comes, I want to control "washboard" country roads better (less wheel bouncing), and being vibrated to death.

Thanks for any advice,suggestions, and for long post.....I tend to ramble !!!

regards; Terry

·
Registered
686 Posts
i'm sure there would be a way with a standalone ecu, to set your rev limiter to 4000 rpm, then switch it back, but that would be an expensive mod. really expensive for something as simple as to just take some lead outta the shoe.

you should probably look a little more into investing it a radar detector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lead Foot !!!

Hi

yes....I'm going to have to control my lead foot problem...maybe "heavyfoot management course 101"...like anger management. It's really Hyundai's fault for making the accelerator to "easy" and tempting to push in a 2031 lb car. (+ 135 lb for me).
I admit I have no self-control after getting behind wheel :D !!!! I wonder if this is common problem to new Accent owners ??

Talked to friend (owns/races nitro-burner cars), and it IS possible to use mechanical/electronic device to limit revs. He has to look at electrical schematic for Accent first. Can get stand-alone rev limit/shift indicator setup for reasonable price (used). Suggested I use JUST adjustable "shift now" indicator (has alarm/flashing LED reset button option).

Terry

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is this guy messing with us... how much fun can u have with a 92 hp car LOL dude it just seems like ur going fast cuz ur redlining 1st gear at only 26 and keeping of with easy going minivans is like racing for your life lol...

·
Registered
686 Posts
hey, i kicked that minivan's ass

·
Registered
147 Posts
he was pullin me hard that windstar GL i had to use NAWZ and my vtak

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I found having a major accident was a good way to slow down.

Grow up, be a little more mature. Yes driving fast is fun. Yes you are responsible for piloting that 2200pound projectile down the road. The car will only go as fast as you tell it too. Find an autocross or a local indoor kart track (the kind with serious karts, not amusement park crap) to exercise the racing demons.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
My Accent is the cure for driving too fast because I can drive it hard without going extremely fast. That way I get to thrash on a car and have tons of fun and not be constantly traveling at insane speeds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts